Cooper S (N14) Engine

Car
    R56 Cooper S
    Hi
    Sadly have now experienced one of the biggest lows of Cooper S ownership... low compression on cylinders 2 - hence considering options on what to do just now.
    Has anyone had any experience of this and if so what was the outcome i.e. any recommendations for e.g. sourcing another engine unit or even someone to rebuild if this would be possible?
    Don't really want to let go but costs (as always, unfortunately) might dictate....
    Thanks in advance.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    I suppose the first move would be to find out what is causing the low compression issue ( rings or valves) and then plan on a coarse of action
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

I had this happen to me as part of a string of issues with a N14 back in 2012. On mine the bore had actually gone oval and is apparently a known fault that BMW/MINI wont admit to. I spoke to a good few techs from main dealers that all said the same thing. The photo attached is the report of mine. I hope this hasn't happened to yours.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R55 N14 Bore Measurment Chart.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	8863

Car
    R56 Cooper S
    Thanks all.