'New' car query

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    I'm looking at the possibility of trading-in current car to a 2017 Mini, with the JCW styling I'm after rather than sourcing all the parts for my current one.

Just had a call from a dealer who I've emailed about a car I've seen online.

She said no paperwork and no service history ...which has set my alarm bells ringing .....BUT.............I did ask her knowing from having had Mini's before that any service history, although not included in a service book, would be reigistered on the cars readout/digital display. Her response is that she will check for that tomorrow and get back in contact with me.

Am I right............I'm thinking a 2017 would actually have had a service by now, or is she talking out her rear????? lol

I had an ref F56 JCW and it was in for a service which included fluids at 18 months old (under 5k mikes) so I’d say it should have had a couple of services by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Cheers guys .........yeah not taking her at her word as just assume she wasnt that clued up...........she also said they buy their cars in bulk and the one I've got my eye on only came with one key ......as much as a kicker as that would be, I wouldnt think that would be much of a deal breaker if everything else, and the 'numbers added up'?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I’d imagine that it will have had a service over the past 4 years and should either have had a second or it’ll be due shortly. I wouldn’t be to keen on getting a car with only 1 key. What spec is it your looking for David? Seems that none of the cars your getting are really working for you. Maybe you should hold out until you get the right car or even see if it’s just as cheap to order a new car to your specific spec.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    I’d imagine that it will have had a service over the past 4 years and should either have had a second or it’ll be due shortly. What spec is it your looking for David? Seems that none of the cars your getting are really working for you. Maybe you should hold out until you get the right car or even see if it’s just as cheap to order a new car to your specific spec.
    JCW styling mostly at moment, dont get me wrong I like my current car but just looking at options, so I'm prepared to walk away easily if doesnt all work out .........ordering a new car is gonna be upward of £25k!
    Last edited by Borvad; 17th May 2021 at 08:43 PM.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvad View Post
    JCW styling mostly at moment, dont get me wrong I like my current car but just looking at options, so I'm prepared to walk away easily if doesnt all work out .........ordering a new car is gonna be upward of £25k!
    If it’s just the JCW aero kit your after there should be loads of cars out there to take your fancy.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    'Walked away'..........she called today and claimed couldnt guarantee the service history

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    If it’s just the JCW aero kit your after there should be loads of cars out there to take your fancy.
    Meant to say JCW kit AND the sat-nav radio, with steering wheel controls IF I was gonna consider it

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvad View Post
    'Walked away'..........she called today and claimed couldnt guarantee the service history

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to say JCW kit AND the sat-nav radio, with steering wheel controls IF I was gonna consider it

A wise decision id say

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Plenty of other cars out there
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland