The Lockdown Job Part 2 - Sunday 20th June 2021

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 GP
    Hi folks,

With things heading the way they are, there's potential for us to organise the first NMS run of 2021.

There are, of course, still factors for us to consider. Whilst we have freedom to travel, many facilities are still operating at reduced capacity. Social distancing measures also remain in place. We will, of course, continue to monitor things and adjust plans accordingly.

Assuming all goes well however, our first post-lockdown run of 2021 will take place on Sunday the 20th of June.

To help us gauge interest, please let us know below if you'd like to attend and whether any passengers will be attending with you. An indication of numbers will let us plan more accurately within the scope of any continuing restrictions.

Start Point: 10am for a 10:30 start at Abington Service Station ML12 6RG.

Lunch Stop: Drumlanrig Castle, DG3 4AQ

End Time & Location: Around 3pm back at Abington Service Station, ML12 6RG

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 11.37.55.jpg

Run notes: Picnic Run.zip

Total Run Distance: Around 100 miles

From Abington, we'll head north along the Roman Road to Bigger and loop down past Tweedsmuir before a picnic lunch within the picturesque grounds of Drumlanrig Castle (weather permitting). After lunch, we'll enjoy some more of the area's great roads before finishing back at Abington Service station.

A picnic lunch should allows us to make the best of a (hopefully) warm and sunny summer's day whilst also adhering to any social distancing requirements. So that people have plenty to enjoy both their picnic plus some of the short scenic walks around the castle grounds, we'll be stopping at Drumlanrig for at least an hour (maybe longer if folks need/wish). Our route is a little shorter than usual so we should have plenty of time to enjoy ourselves.

For anyone that's interested, Drumlanrig Castle has a booking system for the Gardens & Adventure Playground. Prices can be found by clicking the following link:https://www.drumlanrigcastle.co.uk/p...book-online-2/

If you wish to make use of the Gardens & Adventure Playground then I'd recommend booking tickets in advance. There's already quite a few of us signed up for the run and the facilities are also open to the general public so available slots may sell out.

There is of course plenty of open space for a picnic and quite a few scenic trails for those who would prefer and these are all open free-of-charge to the public without any need for booking.

(Provisional) MINI Runners:

1. Alasdair, Laura & Arwen (G&AP Booked)
    2. William, Megan & Christopher
    3. Matt
    4. Gemma & Mum
    5. John & Lynne
    6. Brian & Christina
    7. Bushby
    8. Euan (G&AP Booked)
    9. Scott
    10. Ivan
    11. Coop1
    12. Niall & Family
    13. Steven & Carol
    14. Rab & Diane
    15. Tom
    16. Stevie & Kieran & Iain
    17. Neil & Helen
    18. Sammy
    19. Tim & Sue

Total participants: 30
    Last edited by Track Ali; 20th June 2021 at 07:13 AM.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sounds perfect Ali. Excited already to get out on the first run of the year. Can you add Megan, Christopher and myself please.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    Definitely up for this. Will try and make sure I get the day off but stick me down please Ali
    Last edited by matsarm; 10th May 2021 at 07:48 PM.

Hi can myself and my mum come along? So looking forward to the next one, serious withdrawals

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    Add me & Lynne please

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Can you add Christina and I please
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Stick me down as a definite maybe, will see how much is left on my todo list closer to the time

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Andrew If you turn everything off now you can turn everything back on when you come back from the run
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Ali, put my name down (if only I could remember what it is...) for this one please.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Challenge Edition #20
    Hi Alasdair,

Can you stick me down, please?
    Chewing through the restraints every night