Hi All,
I was i the fortunate position in the early 2000's to have bought both a new Cooper in 2002 and a Cooper S in 2004. I've been on the lookout for a while for decent Cooper S to have as a weekend toy and now have the chance of a very early Cooper S with a Chilli pack and a panoramic roof that was registered on the 1st of September 2002. It's a one owner car that has only covered about 34k miles and has lived it's life just North of London so corrosion shouldn't be too bad hopefully.

The main things that have been flagged up on the MOT history are that it has a corroded front coil spring and brake pipes and possibly due to the low mileage these haven't been attended to due to only being advisories. The other thing that has caused MOT fails is a recurring problem with headlight aim, too low/too high etc.

Overall the car does look to be in very good order from the pictures but I can't get down to see it for myself due to restrictions. Although they aren't too far from Deutsch Tech in Milton Keynes who could do an inspection service for me for around £90 which I would think be a good idea. I do know that it was in at Deutsch Tech to have the front bushes replaced a few years back so they have seen the car previously.

I just wanted to get any kind of advice as it's been a long time since I've had a MINI and they were brand new back then.