OBD2 / Alarm issue

Car
    Mini R53 Cooper S BEP
    I was wondering if anyone here has ever had any issues when a device is connected to the OBD2 port when the car is switched off and locked.

I’ve recently fitted a Remus exhaust to my 2015 Mini Clubman Cooper S and it has the bluetooth sound control kit.

The issue I’ve found is that when the ignition is switched off and the OBD2 dongle is still connected, the car alarm will trigger once the car is locked.

It looks like it may be some sort of anti theft deterrent in the coding.

Has anyone else experienced this with any other OBD2 devices left connected to their car and if so was there a solution?

As a workaround I can remove the dongle before locking the car each time (not ideal) or leave it disconnected altogether as the exhaust sound control still works with the Remus remote control button.

Remus don’t seem to have a solution to this.

Thanks

Car
    Mini R53 Cooper S BEP
    The dongle only connects to either the app or the bluetooth valve button. It’s possible that it’s still connected to the button however it goes into sleep mode after 20 seconds or so and I’d assume that it drops the connection at that point.

I’ll have another look at it today and see if I can work it out.

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Yeah I have something similar on mine, although I think it was more the 12v connector for the dash cam that caused it in my case, having the ScanGuage plugged in (or the JB4) wasn't a problem, but having the dashcam plugged in would trigger it more often than not.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Yehp have the same issue on our currents cars and past F series cars with a scangauge plugged into the OBD port. Alarm goes off and once you reset it it’s fine
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Mini R53 Cooper S BEP
    It’s not ideal but also not the end of the world. I’m going to see if it’s something that could possibly be coded out as I’ve read that some BMWs can have the OBD alarm switched off.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    It’s certainly something that can be coded out. We’ve just left it as we’ve learned to live with it and it’s not every time.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz