New member, but not new to MINI

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper Sport II
    Hi All

This forum seems a nice place to be so thought I'd better introduce myself, as I've been lurking a few days! Recently picked up a pepper white F56 Cooper Sport ii from DP in Stirling, having previously had an R56 (a few years ago now) and a diesel F55.

We originally had the new Puma on order but due to a combination of Covid and brexit the delivery date kept being pushed so we just decided just to buy nearly new instead.

Always loved Minis and missed our R56 when we traded it back in 2015, so shopped around for a low mileage Cooper Sport and secured this one at a good price. No photos as yet, but here is a video link from DP prior to us buying -
    https://video.citnow.com/vtsQP7QRk6g

It was obviously a very different buying experience and with not being able to fully check the car over prior to collection there were a few issues, but I'm assured they will be addressed by the dealership, in the next few weeks hopefully.

I've already fitted a stubby aerial and a set of mudflaps are waiting to go on asap. Also picked up another set of black Track Spoke alloys (but 501s) with winter tyres fitted. Initially I thought about stripes but now think I prefer the cleaner look on this one.

Its our 2nd car, mainly used by my wife. I have an F31 330d which I need for work duties, dog cage etc but I'd seriously consider 2 Minis otherwise. Some of the cars on here are great, particularly the F56 GPs, but two seats would be a bit of a problem with 3 of us plus dog!

I'm a keen driver but I've had my fill of out and out speed over the years (and the consequences) so the subtleties of a good handling car at legal speeds are more important to me. The 1.5 petrol is sprightly enough for a car this size and although I prefer the balance of RWD, the turn in on this Mini is very entertaining.

Only real concern I have is the lengthy service intervals - didn't bother me on the F55 Cooper D (which was leased) but the plan is to keep this car long term so I'm considering extra oil changes for peace of mind, although I will extend the warranty when it runs out in 2023.

Cheers

Dave

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome to NMS Dave. We’ll hopefully get some runs organised when the world sorts its self out
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    The 1.5 is a excellent choice
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Welcome to NMSland

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Super Moderator
    Car