Mini fault code.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    I managed to get a cheap mini for my daughter. For her first car. When I went to view the car stupidly I know. I bought on sight. As battery was flat. It wouldn’t start. But seller said he could drop off at my home. Yea I know silly and stupid of me. But was cheap. Anyways. I e charged battery. Which was dead so ended up buying a new one. Put it on. And nothing. Key locks unlocks car. Radio etc comes on. But a red car on ramp comes up on screen. And a fault code. Cc I’d. 718.
    There is no ignition lights nothing on dash And doesn’t start at all. Nothing. Except. Radio on. Small screen u dear rev counter. With red car on ramp. And fault code.
    Anyone any idea what is fault code for ? Or any idea what’s up with it. ? Nothing happens when I press clutch. Or break pedal when I press start button. It’s a 2010 cooper.

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    My first port of call would be to disconnect the battery again and then reconnect it making sure it is 100% connected properly. Sounds like something electrical imo... does your car have an IBS sensor attached to the negative terminal of the battery?

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    Hi. Thanks for reply. But no idea what a ibs. Sensor is

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    It's a sensor that monitors the battery - looks like a little metal rectangle with a plug directly attached the the negative terminal of the battery... Quite a common fault on BMWs/MINIs of that age. I'd say your best bet now is to get the car read for fault codes to know for sure.

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    Once I use the stalk. To read menus etc. It comes up. Cc-I’d 718. Under the mini on red ramp.

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    Just went out to look at car. No it doesn’t have a ibs on the earth terminal.

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    No didn’t try that. I’ll try in morning. Wife nagging me. And it’s chucking it down lol.
    But would battery lights etc. On dash still come on? There isn’t anything on centre clock face. Except radio that’s working but no oil light or engine light etc

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    Will try tomorrow. And post on here. Whatever happens

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    ok tried steering wheel. nothing. so went and got a friends diagnostic machine, come uo with a load of faults. called my friend. he said be because of battery low etc. so cleared all faults and re set car unit. and two faults would not erase. car will still not start, and for some reason window wiper stalk won't switch off wipers,
    its fault code a3b2. message error {terminal status 0x130}receiver instrument panel,transmiter cas

also a3a9. message {steering column switch signal, 0x1ee} faulty receiver kombi transmitter szl.

anyone had this?

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 JCW
    How did people fix that?