Time to come out of the shadows...Hello all!

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    A long overdue introduction is called for.

Late 2019 I developed a sudden itch to own a Mini, initially I was looking for a good R56 version but was twitched, rightly or wrongly, with stories of poor reliability. In any event I couldn't find one that I liked, they all looked generally unloved with dubious service histories.
    So, the budget was stretched and the hunt started for a 3 door Cooper S. Eventually found a nicely specced one a dealer in Perth (non-franchised) that I thought would suit.

A little disappointed to find it was an Auto when it was described as a manual. Nevertheless, I had a test drive and came away more than a little impressed with it's performance, the auto really did feel good. A bit of of friendly negotiation and a price was agreed as was the list of remedial cosmetic work - two wheels to be refurbed, a mark on a front wing to be repaired and the two new chinese ditchfinder tyres they had fitted to the front to be changed for a pair of Dunlop Sports to match the rears. They also got the local BMW dealer to update the SatNav.

Car was collected a couple of days after Christmas...I decided to give it to my wife as a Christmas present. Dealer did a good surprise job on her which had her in tears, she thought she was going with here sister to view a car she'd wanted to buy! So, it's "our" car (but mostly mine!) To be honest, I think she much prefers driving her Smart car to this and she has a couple or three other cars to use anyway.

Car didn't get a whole lot of use during the winter and then Covid came along and we didn't go anywhere much. It did provide any opportunity to get the Mini looking good and to do some preventative maintenance. Brakes especially the front looked grotty, so as a small project I picked up a set of used calipers and had then de-rusted and painted gold , new discs and pads all round and the view behind the wheels looks much more presentable.

As detailing is my new found retirement hobby, a machine polish all over and some ceramic coating in really does look lovely now. The inside got an equally thorough going over and treatment with various potions 'n lotions.

In a year it's covered less than a thousand miles - bit of a shame, but they were fun which is what I expected Mini ownership to be about. Next year will hopefully see more use and get to some meets.

I'll see if I can work out how to get some pictures up later.

Thanks for reading!

David

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome to NMS David. Great to see that your pleased with your purchase and its living up to your expectations. Hopefully we’ll be able to have some more meets next year, all going well.

Ive attached a how to guide for posting pictures to the forum CLICK HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Test Passed
    Car
    Mini GP
    Welcome and you may see my GP3 in Dundee as i visit regularly.

Denso

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 Cooper S
    Thanks for the welcome - and apologies for the grammar and spelling mistakes in my original post. I'll go and sit on the naughty step (with a bottle of beer)

Seen one GP3 in Dundee but I don't think it's yours. It belongs to a paint shop owner. Quite a striking car but not for shrinking violets!

A few quick snaps of "ours"

The gold brakes. Huge improvement over the before's.

A new set of JCW tail pipes the old ones were horribly corroded and beyond saving.

Some afters following days worth of paint restoration. Worth the effort

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Car looks fantastic
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Looking great
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Nice one & welcome to NMSland

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 Challenge Edition #20