Cooper d 2008 lamp warning light on dash

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper D 2009
    Hi this is my first mini not sure if it is normal, but when I start the car the light warning light comes on dash for about 30 sec then goes out, is this standard, thinking it checks all light before the warning light goes out.

I have scanned the car no faults for lights, checked all outside lights all appear to be working so I am a bit at a loss.

Car did not come with openers manual so I will look for one or try and download

Thanks

Jim

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry the title should be Warning Light

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    The car will check multiple systems and show a waring light on the dash until everything has been checked and is happy its working, if something fails the the relevant light will stay on.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    As William says …start up check then goes off if everything is good
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper D 2009
    Hi been digging around , not good, the fault comes up where like of low ambient temp comes up, the lights fault comes on every start, I did a scan and all light good, did a check within the car instrumentation show a fault with two back light.

Checked the lights, had both out checked bulbs correct size and working, fault still there, think the alarm coming from the FRM, I am about the check the connections but looking for radio code

Car
    JCW
    Hi, in many cases, the fault can be linked to either a poor battery condition or a poor earth connection, likely in the lights. In the case of the battery, the ability of the battery to start the car is no longer the best indication that the battery is in good condition. Modern cars, even at the age of your car, rely very heavily on a sound battery for the electronic systems to function properly. Any low voltage or spikes caused by a poor battery, or a failing alternator, can make the dash light up like a Christmas tree. If you don't know how old the battery is, consider getting it properly drop tested (Halfords or Auto Electrician), but if you know it's more than 5 years old, consider a replacement in the near future. As for earth connections, oft times these are located in the wing area, beneath the liner and therefore in an arduous location for electrical conductivity. Check the earth points if you can, corrosion here can also through up many random alarms / dash lights.

Jim M

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper D 2009
    Found the fault, what throw me was, when I purchased the car it had just been mot , looking at the light all appeared to be working, tail lights indicators brake and reversing.

New to minis, I was driving along at night and behind another and I thought their tail light was brighter than mine, next day I looked and found tails have two bulbs on just one, further investigating found both top bulbs had poor connections and plastic started to melt, think this is a common fault.

So no dash lights, next thing is the glow plugs and find out why the start stop is not working, could be related

Thanks for your help

Jim G