Washer bottle blockage

Car
    Mini R53 Cooper S BEP
    Has anyone on here stripped out the windscreen washer reservoir and pump on a F54/F56 before?

Both the front and rear washers are inoperative at the moment but I can hear the pump working. I think the pump may be blocked as the fluid was pretty low recently and has probably sucked in some of the gunk at the bottom.

I siphoned off the remaining fluid and tried to blast some water through the reservoir with the hose but still no joy.

I知 not sure if it値l be best to remove the front bumper or if I値l be able to access the pump by removing the wheel arch liner instead.

Any thoughts appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Not something I’ve had to do. The bumpers are easily removed, I would just remove the bumper and give yourself better access
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Sometimes back flushing with an airline works wonders ,but you need to reduce the pressure
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Mini R53 Cooper S BEP
    Ok thanks I値l look into that also. MOT is due at the end of the month so it痴 on my to do list.

I致e had to strip the steering wheel down to sort out an intermittent horn but that was relatively straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    Mini R53 Cooper S BEP
    I managed to get the washers sorted out today.

In case its any use to anyone I gained access to the pump by removing the front offside wheel and partly removing the arch liner. The washer pump is located to the rear of the fluid reservoir and this seemed to be the easiest way to access it.

The pump was in good working order and it was indeed a blockage at the small wire mesh filter located between the pump and the reservoir.

Washer Bottle Mini F54 by Gordon Ritchie, on Flickr

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Pleased it was an easy fix
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    That’s a handy tip on how to access and clean
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    I've got an issue with my reservoir/bottle itself, is it able to be removed or replaced via the access panel too? Never taken the bumper off and have no option of assistance.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Far too big to be taken out via the access panel. Will need to be a bumper off job