Oil feed

Car
    JCW Mini 2011
    Hi Guy's and Gal's just a we bit advice needed Turbo oil feed pipe is loose in banjo bolt top of turbo and a slight leak, so needs replaced i understand this is not a wee job and as i understand there is a few ways to change it, thinking of doing it myself as i have all the tools and garage space, Any advice form anyone, this is my 2nd mini ownership 1st was a 1963 850cc and push button start,

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    I've done that pipe upgrade and it wasn't that bad. You'll have to remove the heat shields around turbo and down pipe, that gives you access to the downpipe back heat shield which has to come off, then you get access to the oil feed pipe. Remember and disconnect the battery as you will be very close to the alternator terminal and I can confirm through experience that it lets out an almighty flash if touched with a ratchet :o

- - - Updated - - -

I take it you have purchased the upgrade steel hose and banjo fittings and are not using the same MINI part which fails?

Car
    JCW Mini 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmchar View Post
    I've done that pipe upgrade and it wasn't that bad. You'll have to remove the heat shields around turbo and down pipe, that gives you access to the downpipe back heat shield which has to come off, then you get access to the oil feed pipe. Remember and disconnect the battery as you will be very close to the alternator terminal and I can confirm through experience that it lets out an almighty flash if touched with a ratchet :o

- - - Updated - - -

I take it you have purchased the upgrade steel hose and banjo fittings and are not using the same MINI part which fails?
    Thanks Harmchar for advice about disconnecting the battery, not bought the replacement yet as been trying to book it in to a local garage but i think they don't want the job, so as said i might try it myself, where did you get the upgred steel hose and banjo fitting,

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    The thing with banjo connections are they use copper washers both sides so you may only need new copper washers
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    Adam, I bought my parts from eBay.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-MINI-...8AAOSwBnZaoPQw
    Is your pipe a one piece metal pipe or has it been changed to a steel braided hose previously? Like mentioned above, if it's leaking from the banjo bolt washer, then you should only have to change the copper washer.
    But if you have a leak at the original pipe fitting on a MINI original pipe, then it is advised to upgrade to a similar hose to my eBay link. There are a few videos on YouTube also. One good one by Eric the Car Guy, American video but fittings are the same.
    Here's the video link:
    https://youtu.be/7MWiOnZxURw

Car
    JCW Mini 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
    The thing with banjo connections are they use copper washers both sides so you may only need new copper washers
    Thats what i was hoping for but sadly the pipe is moving in and out where it's been crimped,,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harmchar View Post
    Adam, I bought my parts from eBay.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-MINI-...8AAOSwBnZaoPQw
    Is your pipe a one piece metal pipe or has it been changed to a steel braided hose previously? Like mentioned above, if it's leaking from the banjo bolt washer, then you should only have to change the copper washer.
    But if you have a leak at the original pipe fitting on a MINI original pipe, then it is advised to upgrade to a similar hose to my eBay link. There are a few videos on YouTube also. One good one by Eric the Car Guy, American video but fittings are the same.
    Here's the video link:
    https://youtu.be/7MWiOnZxURw
    Cheers mate, yeah it's still the original pipe but heard about the braided ones so will just get one and do it myself,