Radio Controlled Mini's

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Following on from my post in the 'Xmas pressie for Baz's mum' thread I thought I would start a new topic covering it.
    As I stated, I would be more than happy to build and paint an r/c mini for anyone who felt they were not up to the challenge
    Some thing's I should maybe point out first though :I
    By far the best detailed body is from Tamiya in Japan.The only down side is that they only do a body that can be made up as a 'one' or a 'cooper' as far as I can see.
    Wheels so far it's only the 16" 5 spoke star type alloys that are available. No S lites as yet :(
    To get a better idea of what it could look like go to www.tamiya.com and click on the online catalog on the left hand side. Then r/c models. Then models mini catalog (on the right next to the mini picture )
    Most colours can be reproduce ie red,yellow,green,dark blue. IB and PW could be a bit tricky but there are a few options that are pretty close.
    Just a few pointers I'll probable think of more later :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

so far it's only the 16" 5 spoke star type alloys that are available.
    Ewww ewww ewww ewww ewww! :dead:

Note : Apologies to anyone that has them. I just HATE those wheels.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    No Cooper S :(

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Not that I've found yet anyway BS :blackeye: I don't think they would bring out a new shell for the 'S' anyway :( Tamiya would just supply a sticker that looked like the scoop I think it could be done
    I've just noticed your avitar and I think you can get wheels that are very similar to yours in white or silver.
    You can also get dummy disc brakes that fit behind the wheels that are very cooooooooooooooool :approve:
    Had a look at lunchtime on one of my prefered HK sites and the car comes in at about £67 including postage. On top of this you would need a transmitter (2nd hand £10), receiver(new £10), electronic speed controller (new £20)and a servo (new £8). Paint is about £4 a tin.
    More to follow - probably :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Keep us posted Gordy - would be tempted to get one

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Keep us posted Gordy - would be tempted to get one
    Me too - this would make a great present for Jai (who I dont let drive my car so this is the next best thing!! and also my dad. :)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Oooooooooooo I can see a lucrative business opertunity arrising here :approve:

quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Oooooooooooo I can see a lucrative business opertunity arrising here :approve:
    Definitely - can you get them all done by Xmas though

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Yeh provided you get them to me quick enough
    Ross and I have got it down to fine art :approve: Our record build time is 4 hours from start to finish. Took about another hour to wash, dry, mask and paint the body shell (as long as its not too damp/cold)
    Oooops forgot to include batteries and a charger to the costs involved :I
    We have some batteries that are not up to the demands of racing and could be had for a small sum
    How many of you are actually serious about this :question:
    Just checking as loads of people said they would come to the karting but when asked for money they all disappeared like snow of a dyke :evil: :approve:

Wul
    And I get flamed for talking about poilsh!! :I

Hey Gordy - how good are these models - ie are they quicker than a carppy pre-built one etc?