NMS Run 6th September

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 GP
    Following the success of our first "post-lockdown" event, we thought we'd organise another MINI adventure!

This time we'll take in a flying visit to Drumlanrig Castle and a scenic drive through the beautiful Leadhills, before finishing with a trip along the Moffat-Selkirk road (considered one of the best driving roads in Scotland).

Start time & Location: 10am for a 10:30 start at Abington Service Station, ML12 6RG.

Lunch Stop: Abington Service Station, ML12 6RG.

End Time & Location: Around 4pm at Tesco, Galashiels, TD1 3AT

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 09.58.29.jpg

Run Notes: Run Notes.zip

Total Run Distance: Around 110 miles

We'd like to stress that this remains a provisional date for now pending the continued suppression of Covid-19 and the relaxation of lockdown restrictions.

To help us gauge interest, please let us know below if you'd like to attend and whether any passengers would be likely to attend with you. An indication of numbers will let us plan more accurately within the scope of any continuing restrictions.

Additional Notes

The Service Area was pretty busy yesterday when we visited. (Granted, it was a bank holiday Monday.) Depending on the weather, I'd strongly recommend folks bringing a packed lunch in order to avoid waiting times for food at the service area. There were no queues for the toilets.

I'm also not sure whether some of the roads have been downgraded (since our last visit) from dual-lane to single-track or whether they're just awaiting line painting. With that in mind, please be extra cautious and considerate when passing any oncoming traffic.

Finally, we may need to complete the first part of our trip in reverse, depending upon road works. Roadworks are scheduled to take place this week on some of the roads. While the roadworks are scheduled to be finished in plenty of time for our run, there is every possibility that they may not. If so then this will be communicated clearly before the run begins.

Looking forward to Sunday!

MINI Runners:

1. Ali
    2. Laura
    3. Alex
    4. William & Megan
    5. Gemma (+1 poss)
    6. Andrew
    7. Mat
    8. John & Lynne
    9. Brian & Christina
    10. David
    11. Rab & Diane
    12. Sammy
    13. Tom
    14. Mark
    15. Martin
    16. Steven & Carol
    17. Tim & Sue
    18. Rob (morning route only).
    Last edited by Track Ali; 20th December 2022 at 05:10 PM.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    We will be there
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Would love to come, count me in not sure if my mum is working... ill b there for sure

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    I’ll be there

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    I’ll be there unless I’m back at work by then

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Working & getting weekend holidays is less likely than me becoming a glamour model .....

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    Add me & Lynne please

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

Super Moderator
    Car
    F54 JCW White Silver Edition
    We will be there xx

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Aye put me down, me myself & I.............this time I'll get me to remind myself, then get myself to tell I!

Someone might need to come to my door the day before and remind me too!!!

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...am-drive/30293

Something to whet everyone’s appetite until the 6th September gets here.