The Highland Tour August 14th 2021

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Good evening NMS'rs, a wee update for y'all

We've just done another recce and we're pleased to confirm as follows :

Run complete at 170 miles from Perth Services to Bridge of Don, Aberdeen (and then same again on return).

Planning on an 09:00 meet for an 09:30 departure from Broxden Services, Perth, please be as early as you can).

Run notes completed and copies will be available prior to departure.
    Regroup and comfort stops have been factored in.

Lunch stops have been arranged. Due to ongoing Covid restrictions (which should ease again 9/8) we cannot pre book certain venues, i.e. Glenshee & Goodbrand & Ross (on route). We have however been able to book The Lecht Ski Centre for both days because a) I persuaded them that we were good guys & b) Karen gave them that loving glance .... y'know the one ....

Dinner at the hotel is booked for 18:30 with us all seated in the one area (as best they can under current circumstances). Those who have pre booked dinner have been accounted for

The hotel has an overflow car park we can use if we wish (keeps all our MINI's away from the rif raff .... y'know how protective we can be).
    Keep it quiet but there is ....... shhhhhh an OUTSIDE TAP!! ....... for anyone that wishes to use. Please feel free to clean Karen's F55 at any time ........
    The local garage, just down the bypass has 99 degree full fat fuel for all the SuperMINI's

PS Mom ...... they have both Bacardi, and Pink Gin ......... mega dilemma eh

PPS did I mention the roads we've selected have put a smile on this old face ...........
    I don't think we have covered off Tomintoul to North Aberdeen in NMS history so this is a first for us and we think you will really enjoy driving them .....
    Last edited by Crombers; 29th July 2021 at 12:45 AM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Excellent,sounds all good top man in charge
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sounds perfect Crombers. Can’t wait to start at Perth, really looking forward to the weekend away. Again a huge thank you to Karen and yourself for organising
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    That all sounds excellent, Crombers. There will definitely be a lot of roads I’ve never been on before so I’m looking forward to it.

And good job we’re all sat together… I’ll need Karen close by to open my bottle of water

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by matsarm View Post
    That all sounds excellent, Crombers. There will definitely be a lot of roads I’ve never been on before so I’m looking forward to it.

And good job we’re all sat together… I’ll need Karen close by to open my bottle of water
    Mama Karen says she will look after you

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Mama Karen says she will look after you
    Now wait just a doggone minute, Karen usually looks after ME! There could be a legal issue here…

Seriously though, Big Thanks to you both for all your hard work.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    “From Monday, 9 August, the current limits on the number of people who can meet up will be dropped, as will social distancing rules in most settings.”

Just in time for Highland Tour… hopefully means the hotel will be slightly more relaxed when we’re in dining compared to when we were at MMM last month.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Certainly good news and a further step to some normality
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I spoke with Nicola some months ago & she agreed that the Highland Tour would be a good time to see a change for the better

Oh Lordy, looking forward to this. Only nine more sleeps . Are you pair trying to confuse me with the choice of drink.