F56 LCI 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Hello, been a good few years since I have been on here. Currently have a mk8 Fiesta ST.

My question is, will the new variant have Android Auto?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I’ve seen an Alexa option on the screen in one of the videos. Unsure if that’s the same thing Ken
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Hello, been a good few years since I have been on here. Currently have a mk8 Fiesta ST.

My question is, will the new variant have Android Auto?
    I know BMW have only recently adopted it so I don’t think there’s a technical reason why they couldn’t make it available. It’s probably just a decision for the tech teams to make

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Some pictures of the LCI JCW CLICK
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper Sport II
    I like the styling of the JCW models but not so sure on the others with the body colour section within the grille, reminds of a VW Up we had. Always liked the rebel green, especially with a red roof. It shouldn't work but it so does. Anyone else notice the swirl marks on the convertible in the car vlogger video? I'd lose sleep with those!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchi Dave View Post
    I like the styling of the JCW models but not so sure on the others with the body colour section within the grille, reminds of a VW Up we had. Always liked the rebel green, especially with a red roof. It shouldn't work but it so does. Anyone else notice the swirl marks on the convertible in the car vlogger video? I'd lose sleep with those!
    The swirling was crazy wasn’t it.

The rebel green isn’t for me but that’s the beauty of MINI, there is a spec for everyone

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Anyone wanting to play about spec’ it a LCI the configuration is live on mini.de

Resident old yin.
    On Android Auto, I sent MINI a DM on Twitter.
    Immediate reply saying no plans to include AA.
    A real mistake for me as almost every other manufacturer includes AA and Carplay.
    Enough for me to look beyond MINI when I change car next year.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I wrote a fairly negative knee-jerk reaction of a post on the new car(s) after seeing some slightly worrying pictures, but I binned it because I was being negative and basically a bit of an old dinosaur.

There are still a few things I’m not sure about, for example I think the squared off section at the edge of the rear valance behind the arches is awkward, especially on the 5 Door, the ‘non-Sport’ rear section around the exhaust of the ‘S’ is pretty bland and I’m not sure the body colour section in the front grille is great. Oh, I miss the front fogs too!

BUT... I checked more pics and then went on the German site’s configurator (ours is typically lagging like a big 80s turbo), I specced an S Sport in Island Blue/Black and I’m a much happier MINI Person. I think it looks pretty damn good. So there you have it, I didn’t go with my initial reaction, I took a step back, had a think and changed my mind. Who says an old dog can’t change his spots and you can’t teach a leopard new tricks? Stay Safe everybody.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    It won’t be for everyone, but sometimes these changes take a bit of getting used to, I know I was like most and wasn’t a huge fan of the F56 when it was first launched but I now love it. Pleased that you’ve came round to the new look Elfman and I’m sure you’ll like it even more when we all see one in the flesh.