F56 LCI 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Yes, it’s often a bit of a shock when you’re not expecting it! I’m a bit out of the MINI Loop these days, but had been mucking around on the LC1 configurator on & off for months, so when it changed the other day it threw me a proper curve ball! As I said, the original pics I saw didn’t really do the new car any favours, but a bit of further investigation calmed me down.

I haven’t been out & about in the ELFmobile for weeks due to Lockdowns & crappy weather, so I’m looking forward to giving it a blast. But I do fancy that Island Blue in Sport spec... or Pepper White... or Chilli Red. Definitely Black Roof though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 40E0EC74-4EE9-4AB4-8657-1ED9AA7114BE.jpeg  

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I like the look of that. Reminds me slightly of the previous ELFmobile
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Yes, my first two ‘New’ MINIs were indeed Indi Blue/Black, so if I ever take the plunge again it might be nice to ‘reconnect’ with a modern interpretation of those cracking cars although I’m obviously still a big Pepper White fan! On the styling of the new cars, as Alasdair previously mentioned, for me it’s very dependent on spec. I think it looks great in Sport & JCW guise, but I’m much less convinced with the other models, particularly with the smaller wheels and without the Sport bodykit. There’s just something a bit bland and awkward about them, but that’s just my preference. Each to their own!

I’d just like to add that I think Specification & Wheel Size etc have become more important with each iteration of the MINI. The Gen 1 arguably looked cute and stylish in any spec, but as the hatchback body style has evolved and grown in overall size and door count, the choice of wheels, F&R bodykit profiles etc have had a fairly dramatic effect on the overall ‘cohesiveness’ of the package. In my opinion this is most evident in the latest model.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 12th February 2021 at 02:33 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Is it just me, or is the U.K. Mini website lagging way behind the German one? I can configure cars on theirs but ours is just still basic info and I couldn’t spot a ‘Sport’ option anywhere. What’s going on?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    The Uk Configurator is up and running Euan CLICK HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Thanks William! Got it now. Don’t know why I seemed to be getting an info only version of the website rather than the usual configurator. Not selling the ELFmobile, just keeping myself up to date on future options!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Seen my first LCI2 today in Moonwalk Grey. Absolutely stunning, the pictures do it no justice.

Looking forward to seeing one, I think the ‘Sport’ versions look well smart. I particularly like the Piano Black exterior detailing. I still like my chrome, as it was a connection with the original Mini, but I have to say it was looking a wee bit dated for 2021. The infamous Beltline seems to have avoided the update though! I’ve heard it’s now an option to have it in Piano Black?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Looking forward to seeing one, I think the ‘Sport’ versions look well smart. I particularly like the Piano Black exterior detailing. I still like my chrome, as it was a connection with the original Mini, but I have to say it was looking a wee bit dated for 2021. The infamous Beltline seems to have avoided the update though! I’ve heard it’s now an option to have it in Piano Black?
    The black beltline is a dealer option Euan as you say. I’ve got it on the GP if you have a look at the thread you’ll see it

Cheers William, looking good!