Advice on purchasing a Mini Cooper S R53

Threaded View

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    R56 Cooper D
    Hi, I’m looking to purchase an R53 for about a grand. I understand you get what you pay for but what are the obvious things to look out for or should I just step away as this will turn into a money pit with things going wrong left right and centre? I’m waiting to hear back about mileage etc but below is a picture of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8751D9FE-4DC2-4E7C-ADDC-5F43D3DD89F4.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	8497

Just has a bit more info, it’s done 148k and has a slight tool leak from somewhere.

I should have added that I’m fairly new to mini’s I have a Mini Dooper which is a real great work horse.
    Last edited by MikeY; 25th June 2020 at 11:48 AM.