Gtechnic c4

Evening all, I have purchased some gtechniqC4 to apply to the mini plastic trim, will the 15ml bottle I purchased be sufficient or should I have bought the 30ml bottle?

Not used this before so unsure of the coverage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by goggs; 23rd May 2020 at 09:43 AM.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    That will be plenty. You use a tiny amount
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

That’s great, thanks William, from the instructions it looks straight forward enough

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    It is. Just make sure the trim is free from anything before applying for best results
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

I bought some ipa to degrease the panels

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by goggs View Post
    I bought some ipa to degrease the panels

Sorted then

Car
    2003 Mini Cooper s Jcw
    Brilliant stuff, used it a couple weeks ago on mine and done all the black and still got half of the 15ml bottle left and I did probably apply more than should've, small bit definitely goes a long way, just do good prep before applying.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just need some dry weather now to try this stuff out

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 SD (Black)
    I definite lot agree with all of the above,
    A, it’s brilliant stuff
    B, decontaminate all the surfaces you applying C4 to with either IPA or similar

I thought My plastics were clean enough but they weren’t and some of the C4 didn’t stick very well. This ended with the plastics looking like they had lacquer peel after 3-4 months
    To resolve this I cleaned and cleaned again and re-applied the C4, everything sorted. One of the best products I’ve used

Thanks for the heads up, when I do get the chance to apply I’ll clean the plastic a few times with ipa to ensure I’ve got it clean, may take longer but worth the effort I’m sure, the car had C4 applied by a chap I use to detail cars around 18 months back so it’s needing freshened up now