Ayrshire hello

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Seeking 2nd Gen Mini One
    Hi everyone,

I have just signed up and am doing the mannerly intro post to say HI!

I am father to a wonderful 16 year old daughter and for her 17th birthday, I plan to buy her a Mini One, preferably, with a/c, electric roof, and pretty alloys, and around 2008/9/10 and am beginning the research a dad and petrol head does, in such matters as they are events to enjoy I feel!

Keen to know about reliability of the engine, ancillaries like clutch gearbox brakes etc,, basic's and the usual malarky I suspect.

I plan to do a lot of reading and learning as I am as said a petrol head and enjoy doing upkeep, maintenance service within reason, and oh yes,,, I am an anal retentive detailer!

I look forward to speaking to many of you along my journey to the biggest secret purchase I will ever have done. If it is felt you are interested I will film and show the big reveal to her as I suspect tears laughter and joy (and that's just from me!)

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Think you are doing a great thing for your daughter...lucky girl . As with most things do a lot of looking and see what is around and with MINI ‘s see what options (if any ) are fitted as you can be very lucky with what is fitted.R56’s are like most vehicles,check for oil and water leaks and condition of brakes as most of these cars will have had MINI TLC the service history will be good ,just check if TLC has run out that the owner has continued with servicing.
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome to NMS. Your daughters lucky indeed. The R56 ONE/Cooper engines are fairly bullet proof. But I would watch for the usuals such as any coolant or oil leaks. Also watch for any potential rust at seams etc.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Seeking 2nd Gen Mini One
    Many thanks indeed guys, I plan to enjoy the learning experience and as soon as we break lockdown go see a couple and if they look straight,,,, she might just get a winter teaching experience with Dad LMAO!!!