MINI JCW GP Review in Magazines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    "If only John Cooper and Sir Alec Issigonis could see it. In the sixties the two Mini pioneers showed the automotive world what you could get out of a small British car; now the latest MINI GP takes that to a level that wouldn’t have been thought possible. This GP is about as extreme as MINIs get and its wild new look is backed up by thundering performance."

Review of the new GP in Auto Express this week.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mini/m...gp-2020-review

EDIT:

Car Magazine Review https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/mini/jcw-gp/
    Last edited by Track Ali; 1st May 2020 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Matt - I've added the Car Magazine link to this post for ease of reference.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Good review of the GP3
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Not a bad review at all
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I’ve never noticed the torque steer complaint, granted the cars running in so haven’t went WOT
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I really like the GP3. I’ve seen that video and in true “Crocodile Dundee” knife-comparing spirit I’d say “That’s not Torque Steer!” Anybody who’d been in my car on the Yorkshire Moors would’ve seen some proper torque steer. Full power in 3rd with a mechanical LSD on a bumpy ‘creatively cambered’ road... It put the power down alright, just not on the desired side of the road! I was hanging on for about 100 yards as it took off with a mind of its own. I literally laughed out loud - as my life flashed before my eyes. Absolute blast! These new-fangled digitally mastered flappy-paddled Minis don’t know they’re living! Torque Steer? Kids eh? No Worries Mate!

Thing is, if you’re sticking about 73 more lbs/ft and 76 more BHP than I have through the front wheels and you DIDN’T get some torque steer you’d be asking for your money back as they’d have gone all ‘PC’ and engineered the fun out of it!
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 29th April 2020 at 05:58 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    I really like the GP3. I’ve seen that video and in true “Crocodile Dundee” knife-comparing spirit I’d say “That’s not Torque Steer!” Anybody who’d been in my car on the Yorkshire Moors would’ve seen some proper torque steer. Full power in 3rd with a mechanical LSD on a bumpy ‘creatively cambered’ road... It put the power down alright, just not on the desired side of the road! I was hanging on for about 100 yards as it took off with a mind of its own. I literally laughed out loud - as my life flashed before my eyes. Absolute blast! These new-fangled digitally mastered flappy-paddled Minis don’t know they’re living! Torque Steer? Kids eh? No Worries Mate!
    Thing is, if you’re sticking about 73 more lbs/ft and 76 more BHP than I have through the front wheels and you DIDN’T get some torque steer you’d be asking for your money back as they’d have gone all ‘PC’ and engineered the fun out of it!
    Elfman spot on mate

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    It’s quite a vivid memory Brian, luckily there was nobody coming the other way! I might even have been chasing you & Christina in your JCW Convertible at the time - see attached ‘Pit Stop’ photo, although it’s happened more than once over the years!

Re. Torque Steer, I remember the original Focus RS got a bit of a bad reputation for that back in the day, but somebody road tested one a few years later and found it pretty acceptable. Maybe improvements in tyre & traction technology (and prevailing road conditions) have a lot to do with specific results? I think a lot of these car control ‘problems’ are overstated by folks who are unaware of the likes of the 427 Cobra which could spit you off the road backwards in 4th in a straight line...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CD83C569-DEE0-490F-B8C8-7A8A4E9FAC4B.jpeg  
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 30th April 2020 at 06:13 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    It’s quite a vivid memory Brian, luckily there was nobody coming the other way! I might even have been chasing you & Christina in your JCW Convertible at the time - see attached ‘Pit Stop’ photo, although it’s happened more than once over the years!

Re. Torque Steer, I remember the original Focus RS got a bit of a bad reputation for that back in the day, but somebody road tested one a few years later and found it pretty acceptable. Maybe improvements in tyre & traction technology (and prevailing road conditions) have a lot to do with specific results? I think a lot of these car control ‘problems’ are overstated by folks who are unaware of the likes of the 427 Cobra which could spit you off the road backwards in 4th in a straight line...

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Another good review for the GP

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    Another one today from Top Gear... GP vs Megane RS Trophy

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot...ne-rs-trophy-r