Bakewell Tour - The retake - Cancelled

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Some Scottish numbers (courtesy of travellingtabby.com) that keep me sane & hopefully open up the possibility of us getting away

27/1 - Covid cases in hospital 1871, in ICU 145
    27/2 - Covid cases in hospital 824, in ICU 74

that's an overall drop of 55%

27/1 - 1330 new cases & today it's 525

The vaccines are absolutely destroying Covid
    Certainly fantastic results and I think I speak for us all that we can’t wait for us to be allowed out to play again in the cars.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Certainly fantastic results and I think I speak for us all that we can’t wait for us to be allowed out to play again in the cars.
    Agreed. Can you just imagine how good it will be to live life again ......... simply awesome & it should never be taken for granted

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Agreed the vaccination programme is starting to have an impact and it’ll continue to grow as time goes on, but the reduction in figures (after the post-Christmas ‘Boom’) is also due to the severe restrictions we’re all under and will be for a while yet. The combination of the vaccines and everybody behaving themselves is what will get us out of this sh*tstorm. I’m not being a Party Pooper, having been on my tod and mostly in the house for almost a year I’m going stir crazy so believe me I want this over ASAP and the vaccines are our Great Escape, but I think we’ll still have to be patient. If we don’t want more Patients.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

One half of Gobi and Sahara
    Car
    F56 JCW LCI 2
    So good news and bad news... I’ll give you the bad news first, Bakewell is officially cancelled :(

Good news... we’re getting a full refund! Whoop, with that in mind can all involved please PM with their preferred bank details or PayPal details or preferred method of refund and we’ll get the money paid back to you ASAP

Last edited by Magoo; 1st March 2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Live each day like it's your last....because one day it will be!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    That’s a proper shame. I was being cautious because I’m just like that, but I’m genuinely sad to hear the news, especially after all the work you guys have done. Getting a refund is good, but it’s a shame for us, and also for the businesses affected by this, it must be horrendous for them. Thanks for all your efforts and hopefully 2022 will see us having a week in great scenery and even greater company.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    It’s a great shame that we won’t be getting our trip away again this year but we do have Crombers and Karen’s Highland Tour in August that I think has more chance of being achievable due to it still being in the country and a bit further down the line. I still have the Bakewell T-shirt’s etc and I’ll get these out to everyone when I see them or can arrange to get them posted out
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Genuinely greetin at the decision. Having worked at the 'coal face' throughout the pandemic, I really needed to feel a sense of freedom was in sight. What an absolute downer!!

Cheers for all your work and organisation & hopefully one day we will see, feel & enjoy this establishment.
    Last edited by Crombers; 1st March 2021 at 05:06 PM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 Cooper Exclusive
    Really gutted for everyone.
    Sadly it's just the way it is at the moment but hopefully the future is brighter.
    I'll be in touch tomorrow Megan and William. Huge Thanks to you both for the massive effort you all put in to this.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Gutted :(

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    Disappointing but at least we know where we stand with it quite a while before. Thanks for sorting it all out