Yorkshire Mini Drivers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by Scottch

Thats not the Ian Gillies that has the exhaust business is it?

Cheers!

Scott
    Iain Gillies of Kelty? I think he has many business ventures - was an alloy sales guy, has a car valet business and also builds and sells new homes...could be?

He also has a race car - but cant recall what model..

minimaster
    Yeh thats about right, he is also in business with my best mates Dad selling top end bathrooms.

Scottch
    Nenah,

Haven't heard of him in a few years - but it sounds like the same guy that I know of.

His dad started SBC I believe?

Not sure where he lives now, but he used to live about a mile from me, and when he had the exhaust place I could throw a stone from my business premises to his.

Used to own an estoril M3 with the plate M3 RPM, it had fancy cams and all sorts of work done to it.

Like I say, not sure if it's the same fella but it sounds like him.

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by minimaster

Yeh thats about right, he is also in business with my best mates Dad selling top end bathrooms.
    A finger in every pie!! Really great guy and gave me a good deal when buying (I hope!! ) Does he still have contacts in the tyre/allow world?

Nenah

Nenah,

Haven't heard of him in a few years - but it sounds like the same guy that I know of.

His dad started SBC I believe?

Not sure where he lives now, but he used to live about a mile from me, and when he had the exhaust place I could throw a stone from my business premises to his.

Used to own an estoril M3 with the plate M3 RPM, it had fancy cams and all sorts of work done to it.

Like I say, not sure if it's the same fella but it sounds like him.

Cheers!

Scott
    yep, that's him alright! My car had M3 RPM plates when I bought it - just bought new rego of X11 BBR (No.12 BBR limited edition). I have his contact details if you every wanted to get back in touch with him?

Scottch
    nenah,

Although we lived and worked nearby, we only knew of each other rather than actually had any real dealings.

Is the exhaust business still on the go? I thought it had folded when he sold the premises and disappeared from the area years ago.

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah

nenah,

Although we lived and worked nearby, we only knew of each other rather than actually had any real dealings.

Is the exhaust business still on the go? I thought it had folded when he sold the premises and disappeared from the area years ago.

Cheers!

Scott
    oh ok - get where you're coming from. I recall him mentioning the exhuast business formed some part of his racing interest, but dont quote me! I know he does have valet business his wife manages as when I collected Winnie she was sparkly new and clean! The world is getting smaller....

I saw the ad he had on Autotrader for a few weeks and eventually the temptation to go and see his car got the better of me (and my bank balance!) but so pleased I went for a test drive - he took me for a spin & went 4 times around a round-a-bout @ 90 mph & she just handled like a dream - I WAS HOOKED!!!! and handed over the dosh on the spot!

minimaster
    The estoril M3 is phil ritchie who owns lomond homes, he is mates with him thats how he had the plate. phil now has as aston martin vanquish.

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by minimaster

The estoril M3 is phil ritchie who owns lomond homes, he is mates with him thats how he had the plate. phil now has as aston martin vanquish.
    Ok - I think we have just entered the twiight zone..do dodo dodo do dodo...

Scottch
    Nenah,

Please don't misunderstand me - it wasn't meant as a slur against Ian - the exhaust business disappeared very quickly those years ago, and then the premises were sold - I had only presumed the business had folded at the time due to the speed of the changes that ensued, and of course all the local rumour mills went into overdrive.

Hope it's not the case, and it sounds like Ian is at the helm of a very successful empire!

Cheers!

Scott