Red Mirror caps or mirrors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Hi all. I am looking for a pair of red mirror caps or complete wing mirrors for a R50. Cash waiting.
    Cheers

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Rab I had a set I dug out for William but they had a couple of clips broken on them. I’m 100% sure I have another set that came off the GP with all the clips intact. How soon you needing them ?
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Sounds good. Even the broken ones would do as I could prob glue them back on. Not in a great hurry for them just fancied changing them from black to red to spruce it up a bit. Let me know a price and thanks so much for your quick response. Much appreciated

Car
    F54 and F56
    That’s alright Rab I think I could find the ones with the broken tabs quick enough but like I say I’m sure I’ve another set that are fully functional. I’ll give you a shout when I’m able to check for you ... what colour you got in the new buggy just now ?
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66E4ECB6-DDA6-4EE1-906E-8DA2870835EE.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	374.9 KB 
ID:	8338
    Here she is in the flesh Davy. I did try chrome mirror caps but wasn’t too keen on them so went back to black. I think red would look really cool and blend in well with the decal that I have fitted. That’s the good thing about these wee buggy’s. We can experiment as much as we want on them and if it doesn’t work then change back.

Car
    F54 and F56
    I’m not a fan of chrome anyway but you’re right I think any colour that matches the car would be better. Black, red or even white would do it I think ... couldn’t mind what you had fitted when I had a look at it on Sunday.

Car
    F54 and F56
    You going to do the door handles, grille and belt line too or you leaving them chrome ... that might determine what colour you go for on the mirrors ... (should I have kept quiet lol)

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Cheers. Will post a pic once I have them in place. Why are minis so addictive ....... even old R50s. I don’t give the Octavia half as much attention as this old thing lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just concentrating on the mirrors and once they are done then yes very possibly. I’m still struggling to put faces to names Davy. I am hopeless like that

Car
    F54 and F56
    That’s always the same you do one thing and move on to the next ... or if you’re like me you start one job and before that’s finished you start another lol.
    At least you’ve got a spare one to rob parts from to experiment on ...
    black outer grille and body coloured centre slats might be good ... just saying lol

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Ha ha then there’s the lights that would need dethroning lol. You’ve got me thinking now. Can you buy tape to dechrome the belt line?