Newbie looking for guidance with performance mods

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 Gen3 CooperS
    Hi Everyone

Thanks for letting me join the forum and hope meet up with you guys at some point.

I own a 2017 Cooper S F56 Gen3 2ltre turbo. At present it is completely stock, but the warranty is about to expire so I am looking at improving the torque and hp. I would really appreciate you guys advice on what is required to be fitted and where to take the car to get near the 270-300hp mark without putting too much stress on reliabilty.

Have been looking at Dervtech and Lohen but is there anyone in Scotland.

Cheers Alan

Car
    F56 GP
    I'm not too sure about mapping options in Scotland but you could always go for a JB4 tuning box. It's pretty straightforward to install yourself (2 connectors and an OBD plug) and you should see upwards of 270bhp without issue.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome to NMS

As Ali has said you could look at a JB4 tuning box. Easy to install yourself. I had one fitted to my JCW Challenge along with a AWE intake and Airtec intercooler with great results.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    JB4 is a great hassle free option
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 Gen3 CooperS
    Cheers for the replies.
    I have been reading up on the Jb4 Tuning box and it does look promising. Am I correct in thinking that stage 1 does not require the OBD11 cable but stage 2 does.
    What is the difference in bhp and torque between the two stages?

Would any other mods be required after fitting the tuning box?

Much appreciate the help guys.

Car
    F56 GP
    Yep that's correct.

If I remember correctly then Map 1 ups boost by around 4PSI over stock with Map 2 upping boost by a further 2PSI again (for a total of 6PSI over stock). If you install a JB4 without the OBD cable then it will default to Map 1 - the advantage of the OBD cable is that it lets you choose between a number of various maps. There's an option for Map 1, an option for Map 2, an option to turn things off altogether (and essentially revert the car to standard) and then a couple of options for custom maps that would be vehicle specific and programmable by a tuner. All of these options can be controlled via the indicator stock (and I think there's even an option to control things through your phone).

Exact power levels can always vary but I reckon you'll see around 260-270hp on Map 1 with around 280hp on Map 2. The main concern with Map 2 is the exhaust gas temperatures (EGTs) which can get a little high. Usually you'd want to upgrade to a less-restrictive exhaust system (ideally including a sports catalytic-converter) in order to keep the EGTs low.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    The Challenge has the pro exhaust and I also had an intake and larger intercooler fitted when I was running the JB4. Easy to install and take off if necessary. I also ran mine with the Bluetooth attachment so I could control thing via an app on my phone that was great as you can control much more and it gives you the option to view engine perimeters as an added bonus.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz