Heater only blowing warm-ish

Help ! A few weeks back the heater in my R53 started blowing cold. I checked the coolant level and noticed it was in a very brown sludgy state. Checked the heater hoses one of which was cold,so i flushed the cooling system,took the heater hoses off and flushed and back flushed the matrix. Refilled the system with fesh coolant,bled it all and i had it toasty again. It has since gone cold again so i took the matrix out this time and flushed and back flushed it again then put it back together. Ran the engine,bled the system again and still nothing ! The matrix and the pipes are red hot,so much so you can hardly touch it. But still no hot air just warmish. Does anyone know if there is something in the heater unit that goes faulty ? Or does the heater control go faulty ? With this cold weather now i dont want drive the f###ing thing !!!! HELP !! Andy.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    Not sure but there could be a heater motor resistor fitted
    Often failing on our fleet vehicles (not mini)

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    What is the coolant temperature gauge showing?
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    What is the coolant temperature gauge showing?
    Temp gauge is reading normal.

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    If it was the motor resistor you wouldn't get a change of fan speed. So if you can change speeds of fan and the matrix is hot to touch it could be there is a flap type housing that is not opening and letting the air from the fan go over the matrix. I haven't been in to my matrix yet so don't know how the MINI one works. Away to look at Google to see if there is any images.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this actuator on eBay. Could be why the heat is not being distributed round the vents.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323496458867?ul_ref=https%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay .com%252Frover%252F1%252F710-53481-19255-0%252F1%253Fff3%253D2%2526pub%253D5575376664%2526t oolid%253D10001%2526campid%253D5338268676%2526cust omid%253DEAIaIQobChMIy46gneHC5gIVC7TtCh2_MAOcEAQYF CABEgKoWPD_BwE%2526lgeo%253D1%2526item%253D3234964 58867%2526srcrot%253D710-53481-19255-0%2526rvr_id%253D2228246943503%2526rvr_ts%253D2047 0def16f0aadd37352d7efff6b2f4&ul_noapp=true

Fitted a new heater matrix to the car,i have heat again ! I presume the old one must be partially sludged up.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Great that you have heat again, especially on a cold windy day like today
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz