Tesla Model 3 Review - Doug DeMuro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not sure if anyone else has seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvsnIL0AIAk

Honestly can't believe some of the features you get on these things!

In-car whoopee cushion and a full-on video game system which you control through the steering wheel? Gimmicks for sure but totally cool in my book!
    Deposit placed: F56 GP

Mark Johnston
    There are loads of Tesla's down here in Milton Keynes. Mainly down to the fact there is a dealer and a service centre which I think there are only a handful in the UK.

but I'm starting to see more and more 3s now that the uk orders are being fulfilled. I quite like the 3 and of all the teslas it's the one I'd go for because for the far lower cost compared to the other 2 the quality is the same. Although the floating tablet glued to the centre of the dash is a bit of an eyesore imo.

The wheel choice is poor though.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    MK dealership

From what I hear in terms of fit & finish, would be nice if they junked the silly gimmicks and actually built them properly...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    From what I hear in terms of fit & finish, would be nice if they junked the silly gimmicks and actually built them properly...
    Yeah I wasnt blown away by the quality of the finish. And I've seen a lot of stories of parts falling off or not fitting and parts not being available. I dont even think tesla expected to be as immediately popular as they are because they have a very poor stock of replacements parts.

Yep there's more than a few quality concerns with them - that's for sure. I'm also on the fence with the interior design - on one hand I do like the minimalist approach but, at the same time, it feels just a little empty.

In terms of replacement parts, I wonder whether it's because Tesla simply want as many vehicles on the road as possible and that, once the cars are on the road, Tesla aren't as interested in them?
    Deposit placed: F56 GP

I've been a passenger in the Model 3 on many an occasion. I would say the interior feels strange with the giant iPad style screen plonked in the centre console. Other models have it built in which looks and feels a lot better. To me it looks a lot like it was an afterthought and the cabin feels very sparse. As for quality, I've actually been in the car when all the displays went off leaving the driver with no clue of his speed, battery life left or anything else. He tried to do a soft reset while driving but it didn't work. The next option after that would be a hard reboot but that involves stoping the car and completely rebooting the whole thing. We couldn't do that as we were on a motorway in rush hour. There was a real fear that if we did, the car wouldn't come back on again. We ended up driving 10 miles before we had the opportunity to do the hard reboot. It did work but this wasn't the first time it had happened and its a real worry. Other issues like the car not locking or unlocking, doors not opening when they are meant too and screen not responding to touch. The list goes on.

I love the idea of it but the quality and service really needs to be looked at.

Just my opinion.

Mark Johnston
    Quote Originally Posted by c_me_swim View Post
    I've been a passenger in the Model 3 on many an occasion. I would say the interior feels strange with the giant iPad style screen plonked in the centre console. Other models have it built in which looks and feels a lot better. To me it looks a lot like it was an afterthought and the cabin feels very sparse. As for quality, I've actually been in the car when all the displays went off leaving the driver with no clue of his speed, battery life left or anything else. He tried to do a soft reset while driving but it didn't work. The next option after that would be a hard reboot but that involves stoping the car and completely rebooting the whole thing. We couldn't do that as we were on a motorway in rush hour. There was a real fear that if we did, the car wouldn't come back on again. We ended up driving 10 miles before we had the opportunity to do the hard reboot. It did work but this wasn't the first time it had happened and its a real worry. Other issues like the car not locking or unlocking, doors not opening when they are meant too and screen not responding to touch. The list goes on.

I love the idea of it but the quality and service really needs to be looked at.

Just my opinion.
    That's really worrying especially if the car had been in autopilot mode when that happened.

They really need to step up their game now that they are a really heavy weight in the luxury car market (deservingly or otherwise it's a fact)

Pretty shocking for the prices they're charging. They're pushing products to the market far too quickly without adequately testing them IMO

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

The 3s are literally 10 a penny in America, especially around the Bay Area. I thinks its more of a lifestyle statement over there as opposed to just a car choice.
    We even saw loads in places like South Dakota and Nebraska where youre lucky to see more than one car per hour on some roads.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o sarcasm.