Alternative to your next Mini...?

With top-spec Mini's heading past £40k these days, and no guarantee of the residuals they used to enjoy, who fancies taking a punt on one of these instead?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...at_cars&page=1

I appreciate its currently a fair bit dearer, but judging by the depreciation curve on these so far that's potentially a £50k car in a year or so, and the increased running costs compared to a Mini may be offset by the heavier depreciation the Mini will suffer.

Man maths taken too far, or is anyone tempted

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    With top-spec Mini's heading past £40k these days, and no guarantee of the residuals they used to enjoy, who fancies taking a punt on one of these instead?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...at_cars&page=1

I appreciate its currently a fair bit dearer, but judging by the depreciation curve on these so far that's potentially a £50k car in a year or so, and the increased running costs compared to a Mini may be offset by the heavier depreciation the Mini will suffer.

Man maths taken too far, or is anyone tempted
    The reliability of the 12cs have been pretty dismal. But with the 40k mini point I cant justify that at all especially with the most recent M cars taking the value hits they have I was wondering round a dealer this week and came across a 67 plate m4 competition, painted in individual frozen red and a lot of extra carbon, 2k miles on the clock and it was £42k. I'm not sure how much frozen paint is on an M4 but it's a £6000 option on a 5 series.

So that m4 has easily halfed in value and it fodnt even get to the end of a pcp deal.

My friend was keen on an m2 comp and I think you would be mad to get an m2 when you can have an individual m4 comp for the same money

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    For me, it'll be a 911 Carrera 4, once the mortgage is a thing of the past.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    New generations of cars always take time to get used to, I find. Never liked the F56 until I drove one and ended up buying one. Didn't like the 3rd gen Range Rover at first but bought one. Even though it was an unreliable POS, I still liked the shape. Almost bought the last gen 911 but had to divert funds to a flat purchase, so hopefully by the time that's all paid off, the newest version of the 911 will be at an affordable level.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.