F56 - How Small Can You Go? - Wheel Size

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    So.…….

Looks like we will be going to Rule #1 on our drive as Mrs M's Fiesta is getting marching orders for a Cooper SE Level 2 in 2020. ()

I like to be organised. We normally run winters as a separate set of wheels, going for the smallest size possible (cheap wheels and cheap tyres).

I see that the F56 can run 15s in lower specs. I also see that the SE is based on the regular Cooper S. Does anyone know if the S has uprated brakes or anything that would stop the fitment of 15" MINI alloys? Not fussed for what it will do to the looks, will just keep the gorgeous 'Plug' Alloys looking their best and free from grit, salt and winter damage.

Not likely to be an issue until winter 20/21 given that the earliest deliveries are for March, but like I say, I like to be organised!

Niall
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Great to hear that you have an SE arriving next year. At this point I don’t think anyone knows. Probably best to check with your dealer as they will have access to the parts catalog to see what comes on the car brake wise as standard.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

I wouldn't be buying winter tyres now anyway - buy them in May/June when demand and therefore price is lower

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I wouldn't be buying winter tyres now anyway - buy them in May/June when demand and therefore price is lower
    Deffo. With the car not arriving till March at the earliest the tyres won't be needed for a year. It's more about lurking on eBay for a bargain on the wheels!
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    2017 Countryman S E
    My only thought it that you may need to be careful with the size given the regen braking the se will have