Service of wifes Mini

Car
    Disco 3 TDV6S Corsa VXR Jag XJ8
    Sorry folks I know it's been asked before but still a bit confused about service of my wife Mini.

Will be 2 years old in December 2019 and has slightly more than 11k on the clock and was bought in April this year. After calling Douglas Park in Hamilton and Harry Fairbairn in Glasgow both said that it would be an oil change and microfilter change and wanted to charge £500+ and £200+ respectively. This seems excessive to me as Douglas Park also wanted to change the brake fluid
    Obviously don't mind paying for work to be carried out but this seems to be robbery. Is there a problem going to an independent garage who are capable of carrying out the service using authorised parts and can they reset the service light and record the service data.
    Again sorry to repeat the request for info.

Anyone can do the work to the standard required, however it's how much any prospective buyer puts on the fallacy of a main dealer history IMO. As a buyer, I'm happier seeing a stack of invoices for work (from a reputable independent) rather than either stamps in a book or icons on a screen. Depends on your long term view of the car and potentially selling it on and to whom.

B&M are forum sponsors and seem to get a great rep, give them a call

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Thanks for the info will have a look at B&M

Tried calling but no reply I'll update post when I get more info - Thanks

Just spoke to B&M and they quoted £144 inc VAT for the service. Oil/filter and pollen filter change so will be looking to get it booked when its due
    Last edited by disco; 31st October 2019 at 12:25 PM.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Yes another for Douglas and his tea at B&M many NMS members use the and will give you great feed back about their work
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Not aware of having TLC option and wasn't mentioned when purchased 2nd hand earlier this year. Is there a way I can check?
    If you go through the booking process as far as entering your reg number, it'll tell you there: https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/ow...ce-online.html

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLemming View Post
    If you go through the booking process as far as entering your reg number, it'll tell you there: https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/ow...ce-online.html
    Thanks DigitalLemming, got as far as 'number 3 - service options' and shows Service Summary £0:00 but won't let me go any further.

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Thanks DigitalLemming, got as far as 'number 3 - service options' and shows Service Summary £0:00 but won't let me go any further.
    It should look something like this at the top if you have TLC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 14.51.23.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	8246

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    While the question of TLC has been raised ,it has now been cancelled by BMW and MINI and replaced by a monthly payment,which I have no further details about it but would imagine it will run until your current TLC runs out
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland