Body repairs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Hello,

So my mini was unfortunately rear ended last night my rear bumper is cracked, along with the fog lights, parking sensors and boot.

Is there anywhere in or near Glasgow which do a great job repairing body work? I don't want just a filler job and a touch up as it often looks rubbish and noticeable.

Also I'm fine except some minor whiplash and the Corsa which hit me is a write off! Just shows how safe and strong these wee minis are!

Chees!
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I presume Jack that you’re going to pay for the damage yourself. If it’s not your fault get the insurance to deal with it and you should be covered under any paint warranty too. If not I’ve a mate who’s got a paint shop but it’s in Larbert.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    No the other party has accepted full liability. But their insurance has given me the ability to choose my own repair company as long as they are mini approved.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sorry to hear about your car Jack. Sadly can’t help with a body shop through the west.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Thanks all, managed to find someone

Here's some of the damage. Surprised how well it is, considering their Corsa is well and truly destroyed!

Also I have just noticed that my exhaust (JCW pro) is all bent
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Some more photos
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210

I was in an accident 4 weeks ago and can agree totally that MINIS are tough wee buggies. I have reverse whiplash I have it in the bottom of my back. Skye didn’t have as much damage as yours.

Haven’t got round to putting up a thread on here yet as I’ve been waiting on things to be dealt with and still waiting to hear back from police etc and also trying to get over it mentally.

Glad to hear you are ok. Cars can be fixed or replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    Glad to hear both of you are ok.

Davy
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

**Mini One Graphite with Added JCW**

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Wee update.

The garage has came back to say they will replace new bumper etc.

But there is a scratch on the tailgate down to the metal in a few places and they want to filler/blend. Now I'm trying to challenge this for a replacement part as I don't want a blended paint or filler in my pride and joy. Am I being too fussy here considering the accident wasn't my fault?!

It will have imperfections and will never be 100% so I don't see why I should settle for that. If it was my fault and footing the bill then it may be another matter of course.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehjack View Post
    Wee update.

The garage has came back to say they will replace new bumper etc.

But there is a scratch on the tailgate down to the metal in a few places and they want to filler/blend. Now I'm trying to challenge this for a replacement part as I don't want a blended paint or filler in my pride and joy. Am I being too fussy here considering the accident wasn't my fault?!

It will have imperfections and will never be 100% so I don't see why I should settle for that. If it was my fault and footing the bill then it may be another matter of course.
    IMHO I would rather have the original tailgate repaired ( to a high standard) rather than a new tailgate that has possibly not been prepared to the factory spec (internals)
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland