JCW Countryman

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    So I've had the new JCW countryman on a long term loaner. It's such a hoot to drive and very comfortable especially if you have kids!

My first impressions are the brakes - these are so good, instant stopping power. The ride and power is incredible especially with the all4 it really puts the power down and I really struggled to get it to slip.

The only thing I didn't like was the gearbox and I think this is a huge problem for me to get one with an auto. The gears are very slow to change, it seems to take a split second before the gears engage. Now I've come from a m135i zf8 gearbox and also M4 dct and this is miles behind. Can someone confirm if this is also the same zf8 in the BMWs as this feels way worse.

Overall, for £40k I couldn't justify the price for slightly better braking, increased power and a dreadful gearbox. If the price was lower then this would be a fantastic family car with power on tap!
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Interesting to hear what others think as well
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2010 JCW
    Nice machine - but £40k for a Mini

For that kind of money you'd expect a decent gearbox for sure.