Hi!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Theory Test Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair JCW View Post
    Hi Ally. Welcome to NMS.

As Mark’s said we love our Clubman JCW. We’ve got two little dogs and a little person of our own and the new Clubman takes everything we need with ease.

Our one (well it’s my wife’s actually) is a 2017 model with the 228bhp engine. If you’re looking at one of a similar age then I’d recommend a Cooper S clubman as, with the compulsory All4 which is fitted as standard to JCW models, you don’t really notice the extra power. In most situations a non-All4 Cooper S will be just as quick (if not faster). That having been said though, we still love our JCW Clubman.

If you’re looking at a new car, MINI have just revised the JCW Clubman with the new 306bhp engine. According to those who have driven it this seems to be a very worthwhile upgrade over the older JCW engine.

Thanks all for the welcome!

Great advice - really helpful - I wasn't aware about the all4 in the later JCW - not really fussed for 4wd so will avoid that.

Just to clarify - the All4 is fitted as standard to all F54 JCW Clubbies. Not sure about the earlier R-series Clubman models.

Unless you really want all the JCW kit I’d probably suggest going for a Cooper S Clubman without All4. It’s a great car though whichever model you go for.
    Last edited by Alasdair JCW; 23rd September 2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Deposit placed: F56 GP