The Satin Sisters Scottish Adventure

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Well as a few of you know I'm going to moving away from home for 12 months. So as a sort of send off me and my mate booked a few nights in hotels and decided to go ona roundtrip. We did the grand tours P.E.N.I.S 287, the 2017 highland tour route and came home via Glencoe.

Day1 - consisted of an early start and the trek up to inverness for the starting point. From inverness we headed north towards Golspie before heading east to cut across the north and the scenery was stunning. We went all the way up to Durness before turning and heading down to ullapool for the 1st night. Where a delicious indian was enjoyed.

Day 2 - we set off from ullapool and followed the highland tour route and the road and views were just as breathtaking as I had remembered. Unfortunately the weather wasnt quite as nice as it was 2 years ago so the magnitude of belach na bah was lost a little. But we had excellent food in the applecross in as unfortunately the walled garden was booked for a function. From applecross we made our way to fortwilliam hugging the coast as much as possible and had a bot of fun with a Cooper S on the way.

Day 3 - we set off for glenfinnan to see the viaduct. I was thoroughly unimpressed by it. But the roads out of glenfinnan on the way to malaig I couldn't help but feel like I was playing Horizon 4 IRL. We then headed to glen etive to get the skyfall picture something I've wanted to do for years and it didn't disappoint the valley is beautiful the road is a bit sketchy at times the suspension definitely got a work out on some of the compressions. Very glad the car isn't lowered hahahah. After glen etive we set the sat nav for home carving through glen Coe to pitlochry and stopped at dundee for a nandos before completing the final leg

734 miles in 3 days on 2 tanks of fuel. Average mpg of 35.5

The 2 cars performed faultlessly. The only breakdown being my sticky number plate pads giving up the ghost.

But anyone who has contemplated doing the NC500 or P.E.N.I.S 287 do it. You wont regret it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Excellent write up & pics. Scotland as ever ........ stunning

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 GP
    Sounds like a great trip. Fantastic write up Mark. Personally, I don’t think there’s such a thing as wrong weather for the highlands - even the bad weather can make it more atmospheric. It’s a stunning part of the world in all conditions.

Great pictures. Cars are looking great too.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    Cracking write up, been following your social media on this trip.

One day this is on my bucket list to do.

Davy
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

**Mini One Graphite with Added JCW**

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Great write up Mark.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Wait for the straight! Laura JCW's Avatar
    Car
    F54 JCW Clubman
    Sounds brill Mark.
    MINI F54 John Cooper Works
    19" Cup Spokes, Remus Exhaust, JCW Pro Spoiler Extensions and a MINI Challenge inspired design.