Washer fluid

Woz
    Is it just me or does the Mini get through windscreen washer fluid like there is no tomorrow. :question:

Woz
    It looks like its me. The driver side jets had been playing up and now they dont even have the power to hit the screen. Also when I checked under the bonnet I found that washer fluid coming from under the sound proofing so I guess a split hose or something similar. :mad::disapprove:

Great timing with our first run this weekend.

Looks like it will be a case of living with bug splats on the screen during the run if I can't get the car in before the weekend :(

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Woz

Great timing with our first run this weekend.

Looks like it will be a case of living with bug splats on the screen during the run if I can't get the car in before the weekend :(
    Sorry to hear about the 'leak' Woz :( Hopefully you'll be fixed before Sunday but I'll bring my bucket and sponge, just in case :)
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    the mini does not hold very much washer fluid and to make things even worse it looses it, every time you brake hard the water rushes forward and out the neck of the resevoir:mad:

Wul
    Woz - there are only 6 plastic X head screws to remove to allow the sound proofing to be pulled back to expose the pipes - maybe the pipe has slipped off the connection allowing a leak and just needs pushed back on.

Failing that - a good wash and a couple of coats of RainX will make your screen clean much easier - even with a reduced output!

Good luck.

Wul
    Oh - and the wee tip re the fluid reservoir - i keep a 500ml juice bottle filled with premixed washer fluid stored behind one of the covers in the boot for emergency top-ups!

lightbody
    the rear window needs more washer fluid than any other car, and more than the front window! I don't think they took this into account when they chose the size of bottle!

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Oh - and the wee tip re the fluid reservoir - i keep a 500ml juice bottle filled with premixed washer fluid stored behind one of the covers in the boot for emergency top-ups!
    Wow, you can fit that in the boot

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Woz

quote:Originally posted by Wul

Wow, you can fit that in the boot
    Only Just!

Woz
    yay,

Took the car to the dealer and they fixed it so its fine for the run.:)