I know it’s a long way off and I’m not really thinking about the 2020 show season but I'm looking to see who's interested in attending next years Mega MINI Meet.

Next years show will be held on Sunday 5th July 2020 and it's our intention as usual to head down on the morning of Saturday 4th July and return home after the show finishes (usually around 4pm).

As always anyone who feels like attending is free to pop down for the day itself and attend the show if they'd rather so don't feel pressured into staying on the Saturday night if that doesn’t suit.

I will get numbers nearer the time in relation to our club stand but for now I’m looking for those that would like to make a full weekend of it. The Saturday night can be an evening of entertainment and carry on .... and no doubt someone will be celebrating a birthday lol.

The show is again being held at Lytham St Anne's and the club have attended the show for the past few years. It is a very relaxed show and is as it says more of a “meet” rather than a show but it’s great just to chill and chat to other like minded people and of course those members of the public that attend.

Accommodation has been arranged at our “usual” hotel and for those that haven’t been it is literally a few miles away from the venue and it has secure parking and has served us well over the past few years. The staff have been amazing and look after us well. The hotel has private parking and more importantly an outside tap so there's no need to worry about you not having a clean car before you head down. The hotel only has 16 rooms (3 twin, 12 double and 1 executive suite). The price includes breakfast.

If you’re thinking about attending and staying the Saturday night I will require a £40 deposit (non refundable) to reserve a room. As always in the hotel business room prices have increased for 2020 but I’ve managed to negotiate another deal at £80 per room. If you wish to book a room add your name to the post and your deposit will be required by Sunday 15th September 2019.

I will allocate you a room once your name is on the post, however, should your deposit not be paid by the due date your name will be removed from the hotel list to allow others the opportunity to grab a room. Please also note that as we book all the rooms in the hotel any deposit is non refundable.

If you’re thinking about heading down for the show only that’s no problem there’s a separate list for those attendees too.

Please remember the number of rooms is limited so don't delay, check your diaries and don't be afraid to come along and join in the fun.

If you’re lucky enough to have a two MINI family then why not bring them both ... let’s try and get a few more MINIs on the stand next year. We’ve had a large number of comments over the past few years about how good the cars on the stand look and they are a credit to you and the club so let’s keep that going next year.

Don’t worry if you've never been to a show before there are plenty of regular show goers who will point you in the right direction or if you pester them enough they’ll give you a hand with your car.

All details will be added to this first post as and when they become available or are confirmed so please keep an eye on this post for any additional information. If you require any additional information then please just ask.

Entry to the show is usually pay on the gate / day and is usually around £5 (per person).

Note: Please let me know how many MINIs you’ll be taking and I can confirm that again nearer the time for stand numbers.

Hotel (room)

1. Davy and Cat (2 cars) - deposit paid
2. Lynn and Stuart - deposit paid
3. Chloe - paid in full
4. Pete - deposit paid
5. Eddie and Jenny - deposit paid
6. Matt - deposit paid
7. William and Megan - paid in full
8. Mom - paid in full
9. Andrew - deposit paid
10. Ali and Laura - Paid in full
11. Alistair - Paid in full
12. Mark - deposit paid
13. Davy - deposit paid
14. T - deposit paid
15. Guy and Eleanor -
16. Brian & Christina - paid in full.

Hotel reserve list

Stand only :

1. Martin (2 cars)
2. Kerry

**** UPDATED POST 14.03.20 ***

I’m sorry but I’m having to write as there’s a bit of bad news in relation to this event. I’ve been trying to contact The Birley Arms regarding our stay for MMM since late January. I do this every year to ensure they’re updated with our stay and requirements prior to us attending. It just means we keep that rapport with them and we can change things as we go along making it ultimately easier for us both.

I’d tried phoning, emails and all sorts of other messages but without success. However, more and more digging led me to think they’d shut down for either renovation work or possibly for good.

So I tried another few local businesses and people in the area to confirm what the status of the hotel. Unfortunately it was as I first feared the place has shut down. It would appear that the company was dissolved in January this year.

I’ve contacted the bank regarding how or if we could get any refund for the rooms that we’d paid a deposit on but unfortunately after a lot of discussion and legal debating it looks like we can’t get any refund. I won’t bore you with any of the details as I’d be typing all day but I’m more than happy to discuss it with anyone who wants the full details.

During all my calls I spoke to a number of hotels in relation to getting other accommodation for us all secured for the Saturday night but given the time of year it would appear that weddings, other things that are on in Blackpool (Elvis celebrations) the Lytham festival and/or even other show goers have taken over most of them.

So the long and short of it is that we’ve lost our accommodation for MMM this year and also our deposits.

Speaking to a number of local businesses there is the chance that the place could reopen under new management and rooms would / could become available there again but obviously that is not guaranteed.

** Those people that have paid in full will get a refund of £40 no problem at all and I’ll sort that out accordingly. **

I’m sorry that I’ve had to write this but I have literally spent days on the phone trying to sort it all out and come up with a solution that would suit everyone that was going to MMM.

I genuinely feel bad that this has happened and I’ve have sleepless nights thinking about how or what I could do to sort it before having to post this message but I’m afraid on this occasion I’m at a total loss.

Also due to the ongoing Covid-19 and the rate that things are changing across the country just now I contacted the organisers of MMM and as expected they are like us unknown as to what will happen next wether it be hours, days, weeks or months down the line. They have ensured me that we will be notified of any updates and changes to the show plans. In this respect and the the fact that I don’t want anyone to be any more out of pocket I will NOT be looking at or booking any other accommodation at this time.

Can I suggest that once we establish if the show is going ahead that we look at and book are own accommodation and just meet at the show. If people want to organise a few rooms for company then that could be an option too. Some people might prefer just to head down on the Sunday morning.

Any other updates will be detailed on this post as soon as they are known or received. Can I apologise to everyone that has been affected by this and rest assured I have done everything I can to try and get your money back.