R53 18” tyres

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    R53 JCW
    Hi yawl, I need a bit of advice on what you guys run or ran on the 18” wheels.

Currently running 205-40-18

Do I have other choices 215-35-18

Maybe even a 215-40-18 with a 5mm spacer to clear front shocks.
    This might to big hence my post for help on what goes best. Even if the sizes match existing what tyres go best with the mini.

Just looking for a wider variety of tyres that would be more fast road track tyre.

These wheels
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F99BFF31-8569-437D-9B76-3734CE860FDA.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	8088

Thanks

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    To be honest you’d be better running 17”s or even 16”s for track use. Most people who do track their MINI’s use the above and quite a few use 15”s if their callipers allow.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Agree with Pete. I used to have those wheels, and they look great but they are really heavy and compromise the handling accordingly. Don't do what I did and add spacers, it completely ruined the ride on mine and made it really crashy.

I ran 215/35 R18 Paradas on mine but I believe you can't get Paradas any more. Falkens were also decent in that size

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs