Harry Fairbairn MINI SE Preview Event 27th October 19

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    There are interesting times ahead in terms of National Grid capacity and petrol duty revenues...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I’ve no imminent plans to buy an e-car but one thing that is letting them down is the severe lack of “on-the-road” charging points.
    I honestly can not believe that there’s not even a manufacturer wide standard socket for them. I know that there are quite a few double bay charging points but they will only allow for one car to be charged at once. Seriously, what’s the point in that.
    I know that a lot of people are pressuring the Gov to install charging points all over but why should they ?
    The Government has never had to pay for the building of petrol stations as far as I’m aware.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Mini have missed a trick, surly they could have matched the petrol S variant if not beaten it on the 0-62 front. Granted I know the Car has a disappointing non-temperature managed battery pack of only 32kWh usable and the i3 drivetrain. They could probably match the petrol works 0-62 but the hit on range might be scary but given the price of level 2 and 3 a performance upgrade would have been nice.

They had the MINI E driving around California a decade ago under a invitation public lease scheme and by the looks of it comparing what was on offer back then they locked the development team in the fridge. MINI/BMW i3/ i8 and other hybrids in the range is commendable and should have provided a base but at 2020 the group looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights of the oncoming EV switch a decade before they thought.

Always nice to see another MINI model but at £30k level 3 SE with its 32kWh pack with 140 miles ( probably 100-120 real world) shows how far behind the group is on everything. Does it has preheating off an app and connectivity that has become the norm. At £30k for the highest trim the SE makes the entry level model 3 look a steal. It’s like comparing a Vulcan Bomber to a B-2 stealth. Although the MINI SE I bet will still feel MINI on the twisting roads and that after all is what most of us want to other brands. My view hasn’t changed that I think they will knock it out the park with the second generation built and designed as a EV from the ground up.

Don’t get me wrong the HF preview was well done and the guy actually had a clue what he was talking about and that was refreshing so hats off for that.
    Last edited by Stewart; 7th November 2019 at 02:20 AM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!