Ground Clearance

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2014 Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Eco' Soon To Be Changed
    Still researching before buying a used Mini Cooper.
    Was out today and each Mini I passed I was paying more attention to them than I used to do before. I noticed that a lot of them seem quite low at the front.

My problem maybe my driveway, it is not level with the roadway at dropped kerb due to the camber in the roadside and the gradient of my driveway, I'm wondering if I can reverse or drive a mini into the driveway without scuffing the underside of the Mini at the front end.
    With my current fiesta I can drive or reverse in by the skin of my teeth without the car scuffing at the front end of the car, I have 14 cm clearance between the ground and the underside of the front of Fiesta.

Could anyone be so kind as to measure the lowest point at the front end of their Mini to the ground for me so I can be sure it will get in the drive without scuffing. I know the Countryman would be ok but a Cooper hatch would be my first choice.

Thanks

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    The lowest point of the front splitter on my R59 JCW is 12cm from ground level.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Definitely wouldnt call a mini low. Minis as standard are very high

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    It’s not usually the bumpers that cause the issue it’s the air diverters that can cause issues. They were a pain in the GP to the point I took them off.
    Don’t think there’s any point in measuring my F56 given it’s been lowered !
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Plus the ground clearance is affected by the front overhang. Most cars have a larger overhang (distance between the front wheels and the numberplate) than Minis

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs