The New Cooper S E

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Not bad ..very interesting
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    As I've mentioned in other threads, I've got one on pre-order. Paid the deposit and now waiting for the local dealer to contact me to spec it up, which may be after this week's Frankfurt show. Bit concerned about the small range though. 144 miles in ideal conditions but when does that ever happen.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    That last pic is VERY misleading.
    The distances of the circles are “as the crow flies” and not the actual distances that you’d have to drive.
    This means that there’s just no way a limited range vehicle would be able to get to a lot of them.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyclark View Post
    As I've mentioned in other threads, I've got one on pre-order. Paid the deposit and now waiting for the local dealer to contact me to spec it up, which may be after this week's Frankfurt show. Bit concerned about the small range though. 144 miles in ideal conditions but when does that ever happen.
    The new WLTP test for mpg and range are a lot more realistic than they were a few years ago. The stated range of our zoe is 180miles WLTP but we have gone to 200 on more than 1 occasion. In the winter you do notice a dramatic drop in range I think for the zoe it drop to 150-160 we got the zoe in March so haven't had a winter to use it in yet. But our last zoe with the smaller battery certainly took a hit in the cold weather

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    As I’ve said for a while Elon Musk has played an absolute blinder with TESLA. He started to bring electric cars to the attention of the masses and to stir up rivalry between the big manufacturers. Meanwhile he’s been concentrating on building some of the worlds largest factories, he calls them “Gigafactories” to make batteries for future use.
    I can see TESLA as a car manufacturer slowly disappearing and his grip on battery supply taking a huge leap forward.
    I’m still surprised that hardly anyone is bothered with hydrogen fuel cell cars anymore though.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

I’m keen on EV and even had a deposit down on a Niro but pulled it. Just couldn’t justify the price.

Current thought is to run an EV as our 2nd / small car. This means a range of over 100 miles should be fine.

Like the MINI but looks expensive (nothing new for MINI). Zoe an option but monthly battery lease takes away some of price advantage.

My current interest is with the Up/Mii/Citigo. Range will be c160 miles. Prices are rumoured to be 16-19k which looks decent, could be argued expensive for type of car but will meet our needs as well as the mini although appreciate different cars.

Happy with companies using existing technology / bodies but this should be reflected in price.

Electric makes sense for your daily, but I don't think they'll ever become more fun than an ICE car for your weekend toy. Too heavy, and not enough interaction and character. Yes, they're very fast but that's a bit one-dimensional IMO - once you get over the torque, it's not how fast you go, it's how you go fast. I also couldn't be less bothered by the 300+ mph of the Chiron, as an example - just seems so irrelevant. The chase for more and more power leaves me cold. Give me less weight and less power, and more fun and interaction. What would you rather have - E39 M5 or the new Fxx one? E39 for me every time.

Have Mini published a weight figure for the electric Mini yet?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Having driven an i3 I will now view any EV as incompetent until battery technology evolves. Unless you have driven the Porsche Taycan you can't say it is headlining, sorry Ali but as a fellow petrolhead you understand.

I was listening to one of the excellent Collecting Cars podcasts last night, the one with Andrew Frankel on. Chris Harris & Andrew Frankel are the two journalists I most respect - they come across as real car guys (both own 2CVs!), and unlike the vast majority of YouTubers for example seem to value knowledge and depth of content, and don't just get their heads turned by the latest shiny trinket on the market just because it's new.

Anyway, about halfway through they started discussing EVs and hybrids - very illuminating from people whose opinions I respect, I recommend a listen

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I was listening to one of the excellent Collecting Cars podcasts last night, the one with Andrew Frankel on. Chris Harris & Andrew Frankel are the two journalists I most respect - they come across as real car guys (both own 2CVs!), and unlike the vast majority of YouTubers for example seem to value knowledge and depth of content, and don't just get their heads turned by the latest shiny trinket on the market just because it's new.

Anyway, about halfway through they started discussing EVs and hybrids - very illuminating from people whose opinions I respect, I recommend a listen
    Chris is looking to buy a model 3 Tesla despite hating the Tesla ‘fanboys’