The New Cooper S E

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Official pictures and details are now out.

HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 GP
    Range sounds a little low but then again I’m not sure how limiting it would necessarily be as a daily runaround. If you have a charge point at home then it shouldn’t be too hard to keep it topped up/ on top of the battery level. Other than that though I think it looks good. Really like the digital dash.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    It’ll be a great city car or decent enough if you don’t want to travel much more over 100 miles in one go.
    I do think that it will sell well eventually once the real world usage reviews start to appear.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I really like it and could quite easily get a weeks commute with it
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2019 JCW Hatch
    I think it’ll be a winner if it starts at 24k as stated.
    The range wouldn’t work for me, but would more than last all week for my wife’s 15 miles a day.
    I think the handling will be pretty good with that low centre of gravity.
    As much as I hate to say it, being a petrol head, electric is the future. I had a test drive in a Tesla X P100D.. wow, fastest acceleration I’ve experienced in a road car...and there was 4 us in it at the time.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Some more pictures and videos here. Same info however

HERE

Car
    F56 Cooper
    While a huge Tesla fan pushing £40k into a model 3 Standard plus for my yearly mileage would be insane no matter how much I’d love one. While BMW are 2-3 years behind the curve on certain aspects this looks a good start. For a compromise in the F series they have done well not to encroach into the cabin or boot space that’s limited as it is. Disappointed in the range - Yes. But they have ticked a few boxes with the one pedal driving and what looks like decent regen and driver modes and connectivity that so important. No mention of over the air updates or good servicing plan that would add to the appeal. It’s got a battle with the new Honda E and VW’s ID range granted.

The plan has been with me to drive the F56 till I do decent mileage on it or starts to go wrong from split new. If I keep it ten years that’s fine with me as it five year old there in April. ( April 2014) The next step is into a EV. This first gen Mini SE is a no for me and I say that from someone that covers some weeks only 50 miles. But to not have that ability to say go from Fort William to Applecross and back without thinking about charging or Glasgow to Scarborough in one go like I did last year is my own set bar. I do realise we have Charge-Scotland with charge points all over free to use. And the bonus of Whitelee (wind farm) chargers also free ten-minutes away.

If this was second gen and it’s that one I’m excited about the designed from the ground up and could achieve 260 miles real world it would be where do I sign. Yes battery design and density and chemistry needs to jump but that will come. Got to love that Honda E too to me it’s a retro MK1 golf.

I know someone that does a round trip of 49 miles commute a day. He got an incredible deal on a Zoe and has a free public charger 2 mins from his house. He’s put in I’m sure it’s near on 20k miles now and paid nothing out his wage on fuel to get to work as he puts it. His other toy is a M series BMW for the weekend and family trips.
    Last edited by Stewart; 10th July 2019 at 12:06 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    There are quite a few non-complimentary articles flying around at the mo regarding the MINI Cooper SE.
    The best statements that I’ve seen so far is “it’s little more than the i3’s technology shoe-horned into the 2014 Mini hard-top” and “it’s the car that MINI should have revealed 5 years ago”.
    I’m being cynical here but have MINI held back a tad on the range and power so that it won’t adversely effect the sales of the iX3 and iX4 ?
    Reading various articles regarding the new MINI EV is does seem that the consensus of opinion is that MINI have not really been brave enough with it and have just thrown 2013 technology into a 2014 car.
    I personally hope that in a couple of years when they see how sales of the MINI, iX3 and iX4 have progressed that they are more adventurous and rethink the MINI EV so that’s it has way more range, faster acceleration and top speed.
    Surely there would be a decent enough market for a more “JCW styley” MINI EV...

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    I like it, ok range in my opinion is poor but most of the time this car would be going about the city, its not one you could take on a NMS Drive! This is the sort of car my wife would use to ferry the kids around as we're lucky if our second car does about 50 miles during the week, but also one I could use for my work as my commute each week is about 30miles and if I needed to charge then my work has free charging points I can use, one to consider in a few years time when the kids have grown up a bit.

Davy
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

**Mini One Graphite with Added JCW**

Car
    F56 Cooper
    A couple of the first look clips. The second the best one.

https://youtu.be/I9Iq_H7FkuA

https://youtu.be/ioZexIy1T90
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!