Hi All! New Cooper S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    3-Door Cooper S Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    I’ve never tried out a ceramic coating but I can highly recommend Collinite 476S wax.
    It gives a glorious shine to the paintwork and it does honestly last for months.
    Mine has not been waxed for 11 months and still looks more than acceptable after a foam, shampoo, dry and a wipe o’er with some detailing spray.
    Shiny!

I'm struggling to find a detailer that will do a new car prep and coating for less than the dealer is trying to charge through the nose for. I may just go for a DIY long-term wax option, I'm sure I can get away with a deep clean every 11 months.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaywaj View Post
    Shiny!

I'm struggling to find a detailer that will do a new car prep and coating for less than the dealer is trying to charge through the nose for. I may just go for a DIY long-term wax option, I'm sure I can get away with a deep clean every 11 months.
    There must be a detailer near to where you live that has a great reputation and is cheaper than a dealer ?

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

If a decent detailer is much the same as a dealer I wouldn't be too concerned - they'll do a far better job

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I've ceramic coated a few cars and the coatings are definitely worth while. They do make the wash process a doddle. I've got gtechnic halo on the wrap on my coupe but that's because if it being satin there are very few ways to protect satin.

However I've also applied gyeon mohs to our Renault zoe and other cars. It was brand new but had been prepared by the dealer for sitting in the show room. So required polishing, just about everywhere. As above prep is key because once you apply the coating what ever the car looked like before the coating is how it is going to look for a year or 2.

The gtechnic coating was far easier to apply than the gyeon but time will tell which is the longer lasting. My coupe and the zoe were done about a week apart.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    If you dont feel prepared to do the coatings. And would prefer sticking with traditional waxes then like Pete says collinite. Make some very glossy long lasting waxes. Being polymer based they are harder wearing and survive alot more washes than a traditional wax.

There are also a lot of good spray on protections available now. Gyeon wet coat is a spray on rinse of drying aid but it leaves behind a ceramic like hydrophobic layer. Lasts a few weeks but makes washing much easier and drying much quicker.

^^^ How do you find applying ceramic coatings at home? Something I've thought about and looked into but not taken any further

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    ^^^ How do you find applying ceramic coatings at home? Something I've thought about and looked into but not taken any further
    It's very time consuming. I always set aside 3 days if I'm.coating. a day of prep. A day to coat and then 24 hours before applying the hydrophobic sealant. And once the cars been coating I always reccomend at least 3 days inside if possible a week. It is amazing but the longer you can leave the car dry the glossier the coating gets.

Applying was a bit daunting to start with but the gyeon is designed to be user friendly. And after the first couple of panels you begin to feel comfortable with it.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    A few of the cars I've done. Gyeon changed their formula so the m2 and boxster were done with the old recipe and the macan and a1 are with the current recipe. I think the old recipe left a glossier finish especially on gloss colours

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    3-Door Cooper S Sport
    Picked up the car last week!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190627-141122__01.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	7995

Name:	IMG_20190621_163539__01__01.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	7996

Name:	IMG_20190621_163904__01.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	7997

Really pleased with the car so far. Really really excellent to drive. Got some good country drives planned over the next couple of months so should get some better pictures up soon
    Even planning on getting up to the Highlands in August.

Have to say, the dealer experience from Mini has been absolutely superb.

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    nice looking car

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace