Hi NMS Members!

I hope you don't mind another lousy Englishman joining the forums, but having searched around the web this seemed like the most active, UK-focused forum out there for the new Mini.

I am taking delivery of a new Mini Cooper S Sport this week, and I can't wait. This will only be my second car (only passed my test in 2017) having had a diesel '14 plate fiesta previously. Really looking forward to the improved performance and comfort of the Mini! I've put a pic from the Mini configurator below to show the spec. Gone for chili red for sentimental reasons as my dad had a 1960's mini in red with the white bonnet stripes for his first car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e8ed965c-15c2-47f0-acd8-226e883c290a.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	7971

I'm already planning on doing a road trip up to the highlands at some point later in the summer to experience what the car can do on some brilliant roads. I'll hopefully be posting plenty of pics of the Mini in the best scenery in the UK.

While I'm here, has anyone got any tips for a new Mini novice? I'm also trying to decide whether to go for the paint and interior protection offered by the dealer or buy a kit and do it myself, does anyone have any experience with DIY ceramic coatings?

Looking forward to some good banter in the forums.