Hi wonder if anyone knows anything about known issues with this particular car. One of my colleagues has this model with 33,000 on clock. Car came up with a warning light so had it checked out at a friends garage prior to going to the dealership 17th June. Computer indicated a sensor fault. Sensor was renewed but on a test drive to check all was ok, same warning light came on indicating sensor. Further investigation on why the car was demonstrating several issue with electrical system uncovered damage to wiring. Saw picks with normal wire width, further along its length, wire was noticeably thicker, swollen with water. According to this mechanic there is an issue with some hatches developing leaks in a reservoir (think that's what he said) with water going onto damage the electrics. His verdict is the wiring loom needs replacing. Mega expensive job. 2.5k for parts then labour on top. I said to Fiona I would ask you guys with your expert knowledge of the mini, if any of you have are aware of such a fault being an issue. Also any advice for her? As you can imagine she's gutted. With such low mileage do you think she should pursue this through the dealer she bought it from. Fairburns. Until this mechanic attached the engine to the computer it has only ever been serviced etc by the dealership. Because of the cost of repairs - mates rates she reckons dealership quote will see her little immaculate wee mini head to the scrap yard.