Bakewell Tour 5th-8th May 2020

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm... I think I’ll need to revise the renaming of the pub. I’m now thinking “The Megalomaniac & Crown”!

ps Chatsworth Good. BBQ Good, as His Landlordship the Honourable Crombers said, it’s a ‘togetherness’ thing. And he can keep an eye on his minions... Which I think are small onions.
    Last edited by Crombers; 8th February 2020 at 04:04 AM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Bakewell Tour Tops and Stickers thread is here. Can you please have a look and get your orders into me please

CLICK HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    For those wanting BWT tops can they please get your order to me today please HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

One half of Gobi and Sahara
    Car
    F56 JCW LCI 2
    53 days to go! Been typing up the notes this afternoon, it’s getting very close! I’ve still not heard back from a couple of people re my various PM’s, I’ll message you again tomorrow..
    Live each day like it's your last....because one day it will be!

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I'm on the case, promise

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Done

One half of Gobi and Sahara
    Car
    F56 JCW LCI 2
    Thanks I’ve removed you from the naughty list! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live each day like it's your last....because one day it will be!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Just to update everyone as I’ve had a few PM’s wondering what our plans are for Bakewell with the recent outbreak of Covid 19. At this point we haven’t heard anything from the venue about there position and wanting to cancel. Our plans are to continue to monitoring the situation closer to the time and take action if needed then. The risk of potential infection we feel is low due to everyone being in their own rooms and their own cars for the majority of the time while we are away and everyone is aware of the official guidelines from the government on hygiene and how to reduce infection and this should be well established by May. We will continue to listen to government guidelines and take any further action if it is deemed necessary.

We will however understand completely if any individuals feel it necessary to pull of Bakewell due to the Covid 19 outbreak and we wish everyone the best during this period of unrest. Stay safe

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    In my mind were going ............. keeps me sane

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I don’t want to rain on our parade, but you’ve guessed it, I’m going to drizzle slightly. I have to be completely honest and say I think it’ll be a miracle if things are anywhere near ok by May - or June or July for that matter. Hopefully the virus will peak (but how high?) and level off in the next few weeks, and maybe lessen in the period afterwards, but nobody’s sure. The full extent of Coronavirus hasn’t hit us yet.

I’m not saying we should cancel the trip immediately, we should if possible wait for the venue to decide, as any decision we make unilaterally could have financial implications for us, but that’s not my main concern. Even if we could figure out a way to go/stay safely, what about local supplies of food, access to amenities and places to visit etc? We’ve also seen in the past few days locals’ serious & genuine concerns in rural Wales and the Scottish Highlands & Islands of ‘incomers’ bringing the virus with them and overloading their already precarious local health & provisions infrastructure, so that has to be considered very carefully.

I’d like nothing better, especially with the insane ‘cooped-up’ (apologies for the Mini pun) way I’m feeling now, than to be spending quality time away with my NMS buddies, but I think we have to be realistic and accept that there’s only a ridiculously slim chance that we’ll get away in May. I’m really sorry if folks think I’m being overly negative and a ‘Doom-Monger’, but I can’t realistically pretend things can go ahead even with additional precautions. I’d SO like to be proved wrong, believe me, but that’s how I feel.

Hopefully we’ll all come through this in one piece and we’d be able to come to a mutually beneficial financial agreement with the venue and rearrange the trip for a later date when we can all relax in safety and enjoy ourselves in the traditional NMS manner.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!