Hey guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper s
    Thanks.
    So for supercharged after 54 plate, but for turbo N18 engine on wards?
    Cheers for the help

Worth bearing in mind if you want to go daft with your track project, the R53 engine can make 400bhp with a turbo replacing the supercharger - but on stock internals.

No way the newer engines will make that sort of power. On the flipside, they make more power for less money than an R53.

Usual caveat - drive both and see what you prefer. If the R53 floats your boat, then as Stoney has said above 54 plate and on is your best bet

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper s
    I'm going to try and not go mad on this. Just basic track stuff really. I'm spending no where near what I did on the civic.
    Cheers for the advice guys. It's much appreciated.

I'd definitely go for suspension first then before power, both because the stock suspension isn't brilliant and also because all the balljoints etc in a used car will be tired by now - will really make a difference.

Then up the power IMO

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper s
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I'd definitely go for suspension first then before power, both because the stock suspension isn't brilliant and also because all the balljoints etc in a used car will be tired by now - will really make a difference.

Then up the power IMO
    Cheers.
    I normally go for brakes, handling and then power.
    Like with my Subaru. I've got front and rear arb's with drop links anti lift kit and springs ready to go on.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini challenge 210 #134
    Let’s see the civic and scooby then man

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    I thought the R56 moved to N18 engine in 2010 for a Cooper S, then the JCW R56 was 2012 change to N18.
    Please correct if wrong.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper s
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Let’s see the civic and scooby then man
    I will try and post them in the other cars section.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harmchar View Post
    I thought the R56 moved to N18 engine in 2010 for a Cooper S, then the JCW R56 was 2012 change to N18.
    Please correct if wrong.
    From my research is was late 2010 they changed to the N18 engine. But can never be to sure with Google.