Hey guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper s
    Hey. Thanks for the add.

I currently do not have a mini, but I'm looking to buy one in the near future to use as a daily driver / track car.

Here for some advice on what the best engine and yours are. It will be a cooper S I'm looking for. Plus be part of the club when I can.

Cheers

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini challenge 210 #134
    Hi welcome

Good luck finding one there lots of fun. What year are you leaving looking at?

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Are you looking for Supercharged (R53) or Turbo (R56/F56) ?
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome to NMS. What are you looking for R53 (Supercharged) or R56 or F56 (Turbo)
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper s
    Thanks for the welcome folks.
    From the little research I have done I was thinking a 2010/2011 onwards N18 engined mini. The turbo one. Is seams to be the strongest and most reliable.
    Unless I'm wrong. That's what I'm here to find out.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    You are correct the N18 is the one to go for if its a turbo build your looking for but if your looking for a Cheap car that can be fairly reliable but will most likely need more tlc to be track ready then go for a R53

I run i track R53 as that what suited my budget. And i love the feel of the R53 you don't necessarily need to go as far as I have a pulley and i/c and coilvers and surpoting mods and it will be good fun

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper s
    With it being a daily driver as well. I was more looking at the newer ones due to them having cruise control, Bluetooth and air con. I also thought the N18 turbo engine would be more easily tuned?
    I'm going to be selling my 400bhp civic. It is a track/ weekend car. But I've owned the car nearly 10 years now so think it's time to move on.
    I also have a wxr Impreza and we have a i30N. I'm not looking to build a mini as extreme as my civic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    You are correct the N18 is the one to go for if its a turbo build your looking for but if your looking for a Cheap car that can be fairly reliable but will most likely need more tlc to be track ready then go for a R53

I run i track R53 as that what suited my budget. And i love the feel of the R53 you don't necessarily need to go as far as I have a pulley and i/c and coilvers and surpoting mods and it will be good fun

Is there a year of R53 that is the best engine wise or most reliable?

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    Welcome to NMS.

Davy
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

**Mini One Graphite with Added JCW**

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by D17KDB View Post
    With it being a daily driver as well. I was more looking at the newer ones due to them having cruise control, Bluetooth and air con. I also thought the N18 turbo engine would be more easily tuned?
    I'm going to be selling my 400bhp civic. It is a track/ weekend car. But I've owned the car nearly 10 years now so think it's time to move on.
    I also have a wxr Impreza and we have a i30N. I'm not looking to build a mini as extreme as my civic.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a year of R53 that is the best engine wise or most reliable?
    best to go for the facelift after 54 plate as they have a few more bits than the pre face lift.

Alto the engine is the same just a few tweeks to the ecu and charger( teflon coating to the blades) but nothing major

New sig coming soon