Non Sat Nav Cooper S

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    I may be living in dream land and wishing on hopes which wont happen with this, lol ...................... but anyway my 2015 Cooper S can be upgraded to have the Sat Nav in it?

Although its hardly ever used, I'm kinda missing it from my 2011 S that I had.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F55 Cooper S
    I have a 2016 without SatNav, and did some looking into this. My car has visual boost, not the standard red LCD screen radio thingy.

The answer was basically, yes, but at a fairly significant cost. As I believe it, a main dealer won't do the retrofit.

As a starting point, you need:
    The sat nav unit.
    The sat nave iDrive jog controller.
    Some wiring
    The GPS antenna

A screen - if you have the base radio, including the bezel.
    If you have visual boost, the satnav will operate without a touch screen, since the iDrive jog controller can operate all of the functions anyway.
    If you want a touch screen, you need one of those too. Either visual boost size, or the XL one.
    If you want the car to use the voice commands, I think you have to change out the mic in the car, and possible need some sort of interface, I can't quite remember.

There may be more to it than this, but that was enough to put me off! Can't seem to find the link (it was on another forum).
    There didn't seem to be any answer on what would happen regarding update / when you take the car into a dealer for a service either.

I was happy to buy a nice magnetic screen mount for a phone and use an old android phone with offline Here maps installed!
    I didn't find the Mini in car one that great anyway, though it looks pretty, especially with XL.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F55 Cooper S
    Yes, there is that too.
    I think it was a rebranded Garmin unit that came with a mount that attaches it to the speedometer binnacle, possibly in a similar manner to this unofficial phone mount:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Rotat...K/123689773356

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Think this is what you’re talking about ... https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/au...e-with-garmin/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper R56
    The Mini Garmin mentioned in the above post is a discontinued item from main dealers, however some main dealers do have stock, priced about £200 plus fitting if I remember correctly

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    This one is available.
    All you need is a tach mount which are available from various places online.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312577392897

A mount something like the below:

https://minicoopermounts.com/

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    better to just trade the car for one with Mini Connected?