I just use my local indy - Paul Bowers Motors in Dundee.

He's not let me down, and I trust him, he is investing in his future rather than having a banner above the door with a manufacturer name on it, which I think helps. He buys decent kit too, for example, he installed a full Hunter Elite geometry ramp and gear a couple of years back, and did the appropriate training etc.
He is happy to discuss and meet my needs, and has served me well for the past 20 years looking after all my cars, from classic Minis through to my old Porsche 944 and my Elise. The Maserati is perhaps a little different, but he's been fine with it, and we haven't found anything his computer can't talk to either.

I've generally avoided main dealers due to crazy costs, up until buying my Mini, and I must say I'm not all that impressed with them, selling me a n 'approved used' car that needed a full set of pads after <3,000 miles. The car was serviced prior to collection, as part of the service pack that's on the car. No mention of it likely to need pads in the next year, never mind 3k miles. My, and Paul's definition of a car service, and official Mini dealers definition seem to differ significantly!