Supercharged Cooper S

Hello all! Think it’s time I scratched the itch. Looking for a Supercharged Cooper S. Not too fussy on colour & spec so happy to consider anything in good condition.

Thanks

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Better to go for a later R53 ,With LSD and slightly better bhp , I’m sure one of our R53 gurus will be along to explain the differences
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    R53 upgrade occurred June 2004, I'd be looking at suitable cars post this date

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Thanks for the advice ! Sounds like the facelift model is an idea. Do all S’s after that date have LSDs ?

Thanks

Bob

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by macscorcher View Post
    Thanks for the advice ! Sounds like the facelift model is an idea. Do all S’s after that date have LSDs ?

Thanks

Bob

I think so
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I think it’s January 2005 before the R53 got the LSD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

^^^ yes, Jan 05 and on build dates for the LSD. You can tell by the gearbox code if the LSD is fitted or not.

The facelift (approx Aug 04 and on) is more desirable IMO but with cars this age I'd buy mostly on condition - a well-maintained, no-issues pre-facelift might be the best available.

They're hardy little cars so there's still loads about, so you can afford to be choosy

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    If it helps ...

TBKA - Pre-facelift gearbox
    TBKE - Facelift gearbox
    TBKL - Facelift gearbox with LSD
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Thankyou for all the info. Definitely agree better to buy on condition rather than spec or age etc

Seen a few so far some with quite high mileages. Anything to be wary of at these types of mileage 150k etc ? Or are these best avoided ?

Thankyou for the gearbox codes, silly question how can I check the code ?

Thanks again to all.

They take big mileage fine, with the usual caveats of rust etc although they don't seem to be as bad as other cars can be.

Don't believe the nonsense started with the Wheeler Dealers episode of 'the big 100k service'- there's no such thing; although the supercharger will need serviced at some point beyond say 80k miles if it's to last. It's liable to fail at anything up to 150k if it hasn't been serviced

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs