Thread: Newbie looking for help with stickers and window

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini one

Default Newbie looking for help with stickers and window

Hi, I'm new to the site and forum. I'm looking for some help with my 2002 mini one. I've had it a while and it's quite basic so I've being trying to improve its looks a bit. I swapped out seats for leather ones etc.
    I've got a coupe of problems I'm hoping someone can help with.

1. The drivers window had lots of vertical scratches so I swapped it out with a replacement from a scrap yard. Looks great. Water tight. But when I get above 60pmh there is a whistle and it seems to open up a gap at the top. Is there any adjustments I could do to make it fit better and stop this happening?

2. I'd like to add vinyl stripes, perhaps to the bonnet or perhaps viper strips across whole car. There are lost on offer on line but I'm looking for recommendations on which are the best to go for?

Thanks.

First of all, welcome to NMS. Great to have you in the club.

Apologies that I can't really help with the window issue, only thing I can think of is that it maybe isn't closing all the way and you're noticing it once you get up to speed. Someone more knowledgeable about that issue will be along shortly I'm sure.

In terms of vinyls, there isn't really a right and wrong answer. If you want bonnet stripes then you can get genuine MINI stripes but these will be a little more pricey. If you want "viper style" stripes then MINI never offered an OEM "viper style" set it's not like there's a genuine set you need to look out for. It really just comes down to finding a set that you like the look of and that you're happy with price wise. There's various options in terms of stripe width, length and colour - for example on my wife's Clubman we have contrast stripes which change colour once they get to the roof. They also extend all the way down both the front and rear bumpers. Here's a few pics to demonstrate what I mean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0573.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	7880

Name:	IMG_0575.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	7881

We had the above vinyls installed by a professional vinyl company but you can pick up similar sets on eBay for a lot cheaper.

I myself recently picked up a set of side stripes for my car that were only 16 from eBay and the quality of the vinyl has been absolutely spot on so don't be put off by some sets being priced cheaper than others. Here's a photo of mine for reference.

Name:	coop.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	7882

At the end of the day there's no real right and wrong answer - it's all about what you like the look of for your car.
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works
    18" Cup Spokes with Yokohama Advan AD08Rs, JCW Pro Aero Kit, JCW Pro Exhaust

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini one

Thanks Ali, very helpful.

Car
    F56 JCW Challenge & R55 Clubvan

Welcome to NMS. Vinyls are a personal thing. Go for something you like there are a few different websites that offer various designs
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works Challenge 20 - JCW Shift Light, JCW Pro Mats, JCW Carbon Fibre Gearknob, JCW Pro Diffuser, Chilli Red Engine Cover, Carbon Fuel Filler, Black Door Handles, DuellAG Splitter, DuellAG Carbon Fibre Spoiler, Airtec Intercooler, AWE Tuning S-FLO CAI, RSI Carbon Fibre Big Scoop, Mintex Challenge Track Pads - Still More To Come

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, Black Rota Blitz

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Mini One Graphite

Welcome to NMS.

Davy

Have a search for resetting the window motor memory - something rings a bell about holding the switch down for so long.

They can sometimes need reset after battery replacement etc, they don't pop back up after closing the door

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini one

Thanks all. Took door card off and managed to adjust hight of window. Test drive tomorrow to see if whistle had gone.will post result.